Hello from The Great White North

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been chewing up these pages for over a year now. This is truly a great cyber community. I have been building up my system over the years. I was smitten by ML when I heard the Vistas for the first time when it was introduced. I then vowed to own ML speakers someday.

My current system cosists of an Adcom 7605 multi-channel amp (125 w x 5) all channels drive into 8 ohms (175 w into 4). Denon AVR 3300 receiver performing pre/pro duties for the front and centre and amplifying the rear speakers.

The speakers (fronts and centre) consist of Paradigm Monitor series (the original version) and Mordaunt Short (Mezzo 1) for the rears. So this past weekend, I was strollying our local store and came across a demo Matinee. This was selling for $1,800 new up here (I believe list price was $1,495 in the States). So after listening, looking for any cosmetic flaws and heavy duty haggling, I bit the bullet and bought it for $825.

Hooked up to the Adcom, I have to confess - it sings! I am hearing subtle sounds which were absent before.

The speaker upgrade path will be with a pair of Theos and eventually a Depth I.

I am wondering whether anyone on the site has similar electronics like mine and care to share their tips and experiences.

Northy:cool:

Last edited:
Welcome Northy! Glad to have you with us. What part of Canada are you from? Left, middle, right, other?

we have no left and right.

we have Liberals, which are right, and Conservatives, which are more right. At least out here on the left [oops] coast.

Welcome Northy! Glad to have you with us. What part of Canada are you from? Left, middle, right, other?

Zaphod, I love the humour on this site! I reside within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) which is incidentally the new home of where they build the panel ML speakers.

Back