Hello from South Dakota

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Howard

Reaction score
Hello,
This is Steve I have been an audio hobbyist since 1973. I have only owned Martin Logan speakers for about one year they are the first factory made speaker brand I have ever purchased, before that all I built all of my speaker systems using Hartley, NEAR, Altec, Phillips, or JBL components to name a few.
I still use my custom built speakers with my Martin Logan units in a blended system.
I have 4 pair of Martin Logan speakers, Source, ReQuest, Sequel II, and CLSIIa's.
Have always ran in Stereo but am now working on converting to 7.1 surround with a Meridian 861.v6 processor.

Hi Steve, sounds like a project you got there. I am living in ND right now so I'm sure your enjoying the lovely weather

I am in Rapid City it was a little cool the last few days but feels like we are in the 40's right now with 50's predicted for Saturday!
Yes it will be a huge project, one my biggest since I built our theater room with a 120 inch front projection 13 years ago. I was never a big advocate of surround as I felt the massiveness of my stereo system took care of business. But I came by the processor in a package deal with 3 mark Levinson amps so with encouragement from my wife I am going to make an attempt at surround.

Back