Hello from San Francisco!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric

Reaction score
I'm new to the site but I have been reading through the site the last couple of days and its opened my eyes to whats out there. My set up is so modest.....but I could really us some help! I have a 5.1 system with a 58 inch plasma, ML Motions 6's as my left, center and right, def tech in-wall surrounds and a ML Dynamo 500 sub. I use it for everyday tv, blu-ray and also for music (the receiver also powers speakers in the living room and patio). I've decided to demote my Pioneer VSX-820 to the garage and I've been looking at a Denon CI-2113 or a similar Marantz receiver. After reading through the site I'm wondering if I should be looking into a separate amp system or stick with a AVR? I know Denon and Marantz are now owned by the same company, but the folks at Magnolia and lots of others are recommending these two brands. I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks, Eric

Welcome Eric ! In so far as you receiver choice, I'm not much of AV expert but I suspect both are superb, both employ the same sound eq / reshaping software ?

Hopefully the surround sound experts will chime in for you.

What doyou have on the patio? Thinking about doing the same thing but running the wires seems like a real PITA! I wish there were some good wireless patio speakers.

Welcome Eric and sandpip. Sorry Eric, can't help much with the surround questions, I'm a stereo guy. Sandpip, in what part of Texas are you located? Quite a few Texans on the site.

Hi Sandpip,
Our house was pre-wired so it was no problem. I use the patio speakers all the time, usually to listen to the Giants or 49ers!

Back