Hello from Los Angeles

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML_Guy

Reaction score
I've had a pair of Clarity in 2 channel setup for the last 5 years. I'm moving to a five channel setup. I just bought a Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 channel 200 wpc amp. I'm waiting for the Integra DHC 9.9 preamp to arrive.

My dilemma is what to get for a center channel. I've seen a few used Cinema on sale over the pass few weeks. But I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and get the motif. My Clarity is has the cherry body and I think the cherry Motif would look great.

Any advice?

Thanks.

welcome to the club fellow So. Cal member!!!

The Motif should work well with your speakers unless you have a really large room where the Stage might be a better fit, also may depend if you plan on upgrading to a larger pair of fronts to match the Stage at some point. I have the Matinee and it works really well with my Sources.

Nothing wrong with the Motif for the center and you could use it for side or rear channels when the time comes to upgrade and the time will come.:D

You also could get a used Stage for about the same money and then you never have to upgrade the center channel and it will work as the center for every ML you could upgrade to including CLX.:D

Just a couple stray thoughts of a mad man, but IMHO your amp and pre are first rate and should serve you well for many speaker upgrades to come.:rocker:

The Upgrade Bug

You guys are fuel for my recent insanity to upgrade. :devil:

Good point about a used Stage but it will not fit on the top shelf of my HT stand.

I think I will go for the Motif. Amazon has a sale with free shipping and no sales tax. In CA, the sales tax is 9.25%. The sales people at Magnolia can not be happy about this. :D

I'll post a pic when everything is set up.

Back