Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wanting to say hello to all of the members, and to introduce myself.
I have recently become the owner of a pair of Sequel 2's, complete with an unopened box of a pair of new panels.

Yes, the new panels have been installed, as the old ones were a little low on the output.

Anyaway, still trying to find the best location / position in the room. Frustrating, but still enjoyable!!!

Regards

George.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response, and the heads up on the placement ideas.
When I first got these speakers, I knew that one panel was low on output, but they still sounded great.

Anyway, there was no point in having brand new panels sitting in a box, doing nothing, so I promptly replaced the old ones.

Much to my surprise, they sound somewhat different.
Dont laugh, but i reckon the original panels were tonally better.

I suspect that it could be a placement issue, or they just need to be "run in". Not sure though.

Regards

George.

Welcome aboard GeeVee!

You need to play those new panels and break them in. Give them at Least 25hrs. then see how you like the sound. I'd spend that 25hrs. on this site using the search function to catch up on all the great info on your sequel 2's here. It's free! :D

Satch

Welcome from Queensland!

Good luck getting them positioned. As SlowGeezr said, search the site for placement ideas, and my suggestion would be to search specifically for "flashlight". That won't get them positioned perfectly, but it should get you close to where they'll likely end up.

As forthe old panels tonal differences, make sure you give the new ones time to run in. Mine took about a month or so with just regular listening. The new panels (on Vistas - replaced due to warranty issue) sounded "shouty" and harsh - a bit like a bad PA system. Highs were rolled off and not sparkling or airy. Is that what you're getting?

Welcome from Queensland!

Highs were rolled off and not sparkling or airy. Is that what you're getting?

Hi Amey01

Thank you for your response.

When I put in the new panels, and to be quite honest, I thought that they were bl@@dy awfull, and I was quite dissapointed.

The new panels are the ones from the SL3, which ML tell me are the replacements.

What i noticed immediately with the new panels was no definition in the high frequency, and no guts in the lower midrange.

However that has all gone away.

I ran the speakers continuously for 20 hours, at a resonable volume with a CD on repeat.

Well now I am very happy. The sound is great, and with some more experimentation with position, I have improved the bass response, but reduced the impact of imaging just a little, but I can live with that.

Thanks

Regards

George.

Hi Amey01

Thank you for your response.

When I put in the new panels, and to be quite honest, I thought that they were bl@@dy awfull, and I was quite dissapointed.

The new panels are the ones from the SL3, which ML tell me are the replacements.

What i noticed immediately with the new panels was no definition in the high frequency, and no guts in the lower midrange.

However that has all gone away.

I ran the speakers continuously for 20 hours, at a resonable volume with a CD on repeat.

Well now I am very happy. The sound is great, and with some more experimentation with position, I have improved the bass response, but reduced the impact of imaging just a little, but I can live with that.

Thanks

Regards

George.

Yep - SL3 panel is the replacement. Give them a bit more than 20 hours and they'll be magic!

Back