has anybody ever compared lexicon to a sunfire

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
I have a lexicon mc-8b many people hold this in high regards but I feel it has some shortcomings maybe I am wrong I have never heard any sunfire stuff
and would like to know your thoughts. it seems the lexicon holds things back a bit and is a little dry I had a outlaw 990 but sold it to my dad I honestly can say after I bought the mc-8 (purchased used thankfully) that there are some things that I liked better about the 990 although the lexicon is a tweekers paradise. I know you all seem to hold sunfire in very high regard and some of you almost talk about there products as the end all be all.maybe you could explain the details why this is? i do love my movies
but enjoy probably as much 2 channel listening so I would like to keep that in mind.

Last edited:
FishMan, I'd suggest looking at the new breed of pre-pro's like the Integra 9.9 or the new Marantz AV 8003

Both of these supposedly outform the Lexi (from reading prior Lexi owners comments).

With balanced outputs, high-quality DACs and most importantly, Audyssey room correction / setup, they can provide a much more accurate sound reproduction in the room.

On movies, the absolute cohesion of the soundfield after a well-done Audyssesy MultEQ XT setup is pretty amazing, and something you won't want to live without once you've experienced it. Oh, and DynamicEQ is pretty adictive as well. :cool:

Latest posts

Back