has anybody done biz with The Edge in Palatine, IL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
I am looking for a new HiFi store that sells some logan stuff along with others I would like to step it up a notch and wondering what anybody's experience has been with these guys.they sound very professional on the phone just wondering if any body has had any dealings with them in the customer service area ans so on. barrets in naperville have been very nice but I am not really into the B&W thing and am looking for a more family owned store that has a lot of stock to actually see and more importantly hear.other location suggestions are welcome.intimately I would like to test drive some high end amps for my spires.

I did call them and chat with them regarding the CLS II they have on Audiogon. Good people to talk with. I was going to stop by to listen to it but changed my mind once my wife gave me the evil eye.

The Edge

I have never had the best experience with the Edge. I have been in there several times as I live in Arlington Hts. It seems as if they are always sizing you up. My preference has been Quintesence Audio in Morton Grove, or any of the Audio Consultants locations. Just my 2 cents worth.

Doug - out

Last edited:
yeah I also called about the cls but I did not like the imperfection on one of the speakers. he said he has had many calls about them and they would sell really fast. they still have them . I really do not like to be sized up by salesmen not to say this is what they do but if you met me on any given day you would probalbly never guessed I would spend the kind of money on HiFi I have. that is a very begginer sales mistake that I see with a lot of sales people.

My preference as been Quintesence Audio in Morton Grove, or any of the Audio Consultants locations. Just my 2 cents worth.

I second these stores- they are customer focused and not snooty at all.

- Quintessence has ARC, if you like tubes.
- Audio Consultants has the Ayre monoblocks and KX-R - Wow! The best SS stuff I have heard. Every purchase is guaranteed for 90 days. How do you beat that?
- Glenn Poor is (was!) a cool store, but they seem to be getting out of the 2 channel business.

I have not had any dealings with the Edge.

I do not want to mention any other stores as I try to stay positive.

I did call them and chat with them regarding the CLS II they have on Audiogon. Good people to talk with. I was going to stop by to listen to it but changed my mind once my wife gave me the evil eye.

Good thing to Cherian, those panels may be CLS II panels, But the electronics box is definately not, Their from a first generation CLS.
You can tell because the power cord and speaker terminals are on the side of the box instead of the back of the box. And nowhere in the Ad do they tell you that.

Latest posts

Back