Happy Holidays!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsvToolFool

Reaction score
Who else loves Christmas lights?

LED lights have finally become barely affordable, so I went
hog wild this year. This is about 5,000 lights all on one
GFI circuit. It turned out much better than I expected.
The neighborhood kids love it...

Attachments

• brians_house_01_2007.jpg
    brians_house_01_2007.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 84
Holy moly... that's insane! I'm glad the kids love it though.. I bet your neighbors are having to close the shutters at night!

Kool !! nothing like being a 'big kid' at Christmas time !

This is a picture (from Christmas of 2006) of down town Rochester, about 1mi from where I live. 2006 was the first year they put up their light show. They're all LEDs and it cost the city $328 to power them (of course not including cost to put them up) for roughly 4 hours a night for a month. This year they have even more businesses absolutely covered.

Attachments

• Rochester Mi.jpg
    Rochester Mi.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 70
Cool, Brian. That looks awesome. Takes a lot of effort to put on that good of a show.

Dang that's nice, Bob! Here in downtown Chicago, our lights are less about "color" and more about the sheer elegance of just plain white lights. It's very nice to stroll through Michigan Ave and just appreciate the scenery. I wish I had a pic, all I have is a mental pic in my head.

I bet your neighbors are having to close the shutters at night!

There have been a few scares with confused aircraft, but
my neighbors don't mind, and most are as enthusiastic
as I am.

This took about 24 hours of labor. Next year, I'm having a
"light the house" party and inviting all my buddy's kids
over. I'm moving up to management.

C'mon people! There has to be some houses nearby you
worth sharing. Let's see some more lights.

There is a residential street here in the Ottawa 'burb where I live, where the neighbours compete each year. I'll try to get some pics; there are traffic jams on the street every year, so getting in may be a problem.

Folks,
We have a local weatherman here in Sacramento named Dave Bender who does the 12 "Dave's" of Christmas every year, and does his weather report from someone's house, someone who has just gone to such great lengths to decorate with as many lights and decorations as they can possibly put up. Some people start around Halloween just to get it all set up! It' really a lot of fun to watch it every night. Since he only works weeknights, it starts tomorrow evening. You can check http://www.cbs13.com, there should be a link on the page in the next few days with pictures and videos. It's quite a sight and he's really funny!

-capT

Back