Greetings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcgee984

Reaction score
Glad to now be a proud owner of the Aeon i speakers. Had a set of Motion 20's and my son "borrowed" them never to be seen again, LOL. I'm new to the electrostatic models so will be asking a lot of dumb questions, my apologies in advance.

Ive read a lot about vacuuming the panels, should I vacuum both the outer and inner sides of the panels. Anything to be careful of?

Thank you all for being patient in advance and I look forward to being able to add value soon.

Stay out of direct sunlight, no smoking or any type of fume. When not in use, cover them. Vacuum once every 2~3 months both side and make sure they are unplugged at least overnight to 24 hours.

Hi, first :welcome:

Yes, vacuum both sides of the panels, with the power off (speakers unplugged from the wall).

As roni indicates, keep them out of direct sunlight, as that will age the panels at 4x or worse rates.

Get a decent external amp, like a used Sunfire to get the most out of them.

Welcome McGee ! I see your questions have been answered. As for dumb questions, no worries, you should see some of my dumb answers ! ....... :rolleyes:

Thanks one and all. I do not have the socks that would have come with these to cover them. Recommendations?

Welcome to the Club dmcgee984,

I guess socks are to be used only if ML electrostatics are not used for prolonged time?
I use my ML ESL on daily basis for last 6 years and never used socks, except once while main cleaning and painting job was done.

As I can see it now, you are in for a new vacuum cleaner unit.

Big hello from Australia.

Welcome aboard! There are no "socks". you can get covers to cover the speakers while not in use, but there is no stretchy sock to cover the panel while using.

Back