Greetings from new jersey

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timw

Reaction score
Hi Mates, Nice to be back here with my fellow 'Loganites'. I actually used to be on the old forum years ago...
Still loving my SL3's! The sound improved greatly when I hooked them up to a Musical Fidelity A5 Int amp recently. I previously used them with my Denon HT Receiver. I now have the Denon's FRONT channel Pre-outs hooked to the MF Int amp which has a Home Theater Bypass switch which allows me to use the MF Amp as the front channels when in Home Theater mode. It's like having the best of both Home Theater and Stereo worlds in one system!
Anyway, Looking forward to catching up on all the interesting info and tips passed along here on this forum...
:rocker:

Tim

Welcome to Martin Logan Owners.

I own really old ML CLS. Your ML SL3 must be more than 10 years old.

A problem caused primarily by stator age and dust residue. I find that the music sounds better, if with a clean cotton cloth i clean both sides of the stator where they just connect to the wood
frame. Per CLS there are four such vertical lines two on the front panel and two on the back panel. Whenever i clean the stator just where they connect to the wood frame
the clean cotton cloth shows a dark residue and dust patch.

The best i have heard from ML was from a pair of SL3 driven by tube pre-amp by Jadis and solid

state mono power amps by Audioplan.

Happy Listening!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back