Greetings from Hungary

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murasake

Reaction score
Hello, everyone,
I'm from Hungary, I'd like to introduce myself and say a few words about the system I use and my Martin Logan reQuest.

P1302493.JPG

The system is the following:
Shanling CDT100 cd player
Vincent SP991 Plus monoblocks
Dope Sounds Woodoo Silver IC and spkr cables
Martin Logan reQuest

The system is used for music only, there's a separate and independent system for movies.
Story:
I bought the original pair of ML's in 2005. I bought a new pair of panels in 2008 and rebuilt the speakers in 2009. To me the original chassis had a low-end look, and I found it unworthy of this sound quality. I have decided to build a more worthy look for them. After countless hours of planning and many sleepless nights I finally started it.
I wanted something organic looking and the final design was inspiried by the Zealot warrior from the computer game Starcraft (does it need any introduction?). The main chassis that hold the panels are made of solid ash with stainless steel elements, the sub-box is made of MDF with multiple interior bracing, with carbon fibre surface.
All electronic parts and the sub-speakers are original and unmodified and the volume of the sub-boxes are the same as the originals'.
The sound is the same as the original reQuest's, maybe the bass sound improved a bit, being a bit more restrained due to the stability of the new boxes. One thing is for sure: the visage is absolutely peculiar.
I have to tell that I love to work with wood, and I don't like boring, straight lines :). I am not a joiner, only an enthusiastic amateur.
Apart from the final finishing and clear-coating I have made every part of the project from scratch with hand-tools myself from planning to finishing.
More pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105232747127439929796/MartinLoganReQuestRebuilding
Cheers; Murasake

Those are amazing, I wish I had the skill to hand-make something of that quality. I like the mix of the old-world claw-footed, pine and metal frame (they kind of remind me of the Dwarven architecture from Dragon Age or Elderon Scrolls, which I'm sure you're familiar with if you're a gamer) mixed with the modern carbon fiber. Very unique. I have an old pair of ReQuests I'm trying to sell, if they looked like that I'd keep them!

Murasake, welcome to the club,

You put some of us to shame, you are indeed crazier than some of us gathered here! What a challenge and what a great result with unique application of thought and implementation.

We need madmen like yourself to remind us how good Martin Logan can be as a basis for a system!

I am looking forward to seeing what else you get up to in Hungary.

Fjeff

Murasake, wonderful craftsmanship. My Dad was a cabinet maker and although I like to work on wood projects, mine pale in comparison.

"...was inspiried by the Zealot warrior from the computer game Starcraft (does it need any introduction?)..."

I am eagerly awaiting the sequel to Wings of Liberty...Best, Jim

Oh, and Welcome...

Awesome! Love when folks turn dreams into reality. Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Cheers

I like the mix of the old-world claw-footed, pine and metal frame mixed with the modern carbon fiber.
Thanks, the frame is ash, not pine though.

they kind of remind me of the Dwarven architecture from Dragon Age or Elderon Scrolls, which I'm sure you're familiar with if you're a gamer
Unfortunately I don't know these games. I'm stuck with the old Starcraft. :)

Murasake, welcome to the club,
I am looking forward to seeing what else you get up to in Hungary.
Fjeff
All I'm thinking about is an embossed logo for the panels themselves as a finishing touch, and also planning to replace the wires with Straight-Wires.
Thank you for all the compliments! :)

Last edited:
Welcome Murasake, and greetings from Hungary, too :)

The design of your reQuest's cabinet is quite impressive, hats off to the hard work to create it from A to Z.:bowdown:

Thanks very much! Domchuck, if you're interested in some discussion, drop me a PM with an e-mail address and we could continue in Hungarian! ;)

Wow, incredible design and woodworking! Just beautiful! Would love to see a few more close-ups of the finished speakers, especially the claw feet.

Latest posts

Back