Great Time at Da Vinci Media

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Hey Gang:

If you haven't been to Shawn's place in Milwaukee, and it's convenient, I can't suggest it highly enough!

It's a great environment to listen to the CLX's and unlike a lot of other dealers you might have encountered, he's got plenty of product there, so you can see more than one speaker...

Thanks Shawn for the great hospitality! I wish you would have been in business when I lived in Milwaukee, I would have spent a LOT more money on hifi!

PS: This is where we should have the 2009 get together!!

Hint, hint...

:)

Huh... that's good to hear.

Would love to see a group meet anywhere like that.

Been to DaVinci iots a great place and great people. Shawn is first rate

"Ditto" here, as evidence by the Spire's residing in my room !

Same here! Got my Summits from Shawn.

Jeff,
Wish we would have known you were in town, I'm sure a few of us from the Chicago Contingent would have made the hour drive up to meet you and listen to the CLX's. Maybe next time.

Jeff, I hope you had a chance to stop at Kopp's for a cheeseburger and some custard!

Grrrrr!! No, I had to meet my sister at some lame place for lunch and was denied...

Oh well.

But I did eat at Steak and Shake in Indianapolis.

Steak and Shake in Indy, I hope you actually had one of their shakes.

And next time you come to Indianapolis, let me know you are coming, I can put our local police on alert.

Steak and Shake in Indy, I hope you actually had one of their shakes.

And next time you come to Indianapolis, let me know you are coming, I can put our local police on alert.

It all happened at the last minute. Had a chance to meet with the nice folks at ASL group, so I rearranged the trip. Only there for a day.

A day is plenty of time to get you arrested.:D

Just give us a chance.

Our Indy cops are midwest slow, but not that slow.;)

look what the cat dragged in

My father and I drove up to Shawn's place today and checked it out. if you have not been yet it is worth it for the CLX alone. they are incredible speakers although I heard them side by side with the spires and I have to tell you guys that the spires held their own I thought. so anyway I picked up this amp (mc275 for my analog system I am building) it sounded good with my spires and also did a great job on the CLX we hooked it up to them as well I was a bit surprised it could drive them but it did! in all honesty though his MC2301's took the cake they are killer amps and sounded great and even better at high db levels but out of my price range.I would highly recommend checking DaVinci media out for your next purchase you will not be dealing with another salesman trying to empty your pockets but another audiophile who just happens to be a dealer that's just the feeling I got when I was there no pushy sales tactics lets face it we are already sold lol

Attachments

• mc275.JPG
    mc275.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
My father and I drove up to Shawn's place today and checked it out. if you have not been yet it is worth it for the CLX alone. they are incredible speakers although I heard them side by side with the spires and I have to tell you guys that the spires held their own I thought. so anyway I picked up this amp (mc275 for my analog system I am building) it sounded good with my spires and also did a great job on the CLX we hooked it up to them as well I was a bit surprised it could drive them but it did! in all honesty though his MC2301's took the cake they are killer amps and sounded great and even better at high db levels but out of my price range.I would highly recommend checking DaVinci media out for your next purchase you will not be dealing with another salesman trying to empty your pockets but another audiophile who just happens to be a dealer that's just the feeling I got when I was there no pushy sales tactics lets face it we are already sold lol

Congrat's on the new amp. It's one of McIntosh's most popular amps for a good reason. :rocker:

Great pick up Fish! I am glad you had a good time and thanks for supporting the local economy.

believe me that money did not come easy but I am happy to support the economy hopefully things will turn around soon. this amp is awesome there is a reason it has been around so long!I had never been a big fan of the Mcintosh but it's distinctive look has grown on me I new I needed something better for my spires and this seemed to be a good choice. its as if a am hearing my spires for the first time it drives them effortlessly. the spectrum of sound is so clear from the lows threw the mid range and to the highs it really seems to do a good job. another thing that helps is it is out of the surround sound loop the prepro was just messing things up. it is on its own set of wires and preamp this has also made a huge difference.the other sweet thing about this amp is that it can be changed into a mono block and paired with another for twice the power !

Last edited:
Nice purchase. What else did you listen/compare the 275 and 2301's to? Or were you set on the MAC lineup?

Fish, nice piece !

FWIW, other "275" owners have reported big improvements with rolling in replacement tubes (Genelax Re-issue Gold Lion's for example).

I would suggest you get some 'seat time' with what you have now so as to more easily discern a difference when and if you do. I was quite pleased when I did this to my Rogue M-150's.

Fish, nice piece !

FWIW, other "275" owners have reported big improvements with rolling in replacement tubes (Genelax Re-issue Gold Lion's for example).

I would suggest you get some 'seat time' with what you have now so as to more easily discern a difference when and if you do. I was quite pleased when I did this to my Rogue M-150's.

thanks for the info I will do some research. here is a night view please excuse the mess of wires and what not. right now I am using a Rotel analog preamp I am debating on what Mc preamp to get

Attachments

• 275rack.jpg
    275rack.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 155
Back