Great resource for fine recordings!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
I just found this site from another forum. Very high quality recordings! I ordered 4 CD’s myself tonight.

Please let us know what you think of the quality when you listen to them. I've received several Mapleshade catalogues and some of the stuff this guy preaches sounds nuts, to me. Look at some of his interconnects and power cables. Some of them are single filament, about the diameter of a human hair! I can't believe they just don't burn up. I think he also espouses long speaker cables and interconnects, the longer the better.?! Oh well, he designed the SR-71 spy plane, so he must be smart, right?

Please let us know what you think of the quality when you listen to them. I've received several Mapleshade catalogues and some of the stuff this guy preaches sounds nuts, to me.
I too have received some of their catalogs but have never ordered, and will be looking forward to your review of your purchases.

Im also curious. The've been so rude to us when we tried to contact them, I'll never review any of their stuff hardware or software...

I just found this site from another forum. Very high quality recordings! I ordered 4 CD’s myself tonight.

If you do a search on this forum, you will find that there have been previous posts discussing both software and hardware from Mapleshade. I have several of their cds and think they are top-notch recordings, but the content varies in quality. Some of their blues cds are great.

I am a little skeptical of their hardware claims, but am going to try out some of their products based on recommendations by Gordon Gray who holds their products in very high esteem. It is unfortunate to hear that they would be rude to someone who might potentially review their products, especially given the almost outrageous claims they themselves make about them in their catalog. I will report back on my experiences with their cables, cd treatments, and brass support cones.

I should have some feedback once I audition the CD's next week or sooner I hope. :music:

Great resources for fine recordings

rampage60, may we know which selections you made in case someone else has the same?

A very big fan of MS

Howdy all,

As some of you may know from my past posts and as you can see from my system description, I am more than convinced that Pierre's products have an outstanding price / performance value.

Briefly, I started out with the CD treatment. Then I tried an interconnect. Then I tried the brass cones. Then I tried his speaker wire. Each item was auditioned one piece at a time so that I was confident that I was hearing what that particular piece did. My system (speaker wires, interconnects, power strip, and brass cones under all components) include all the above products manufactured by Mapleshade. The overall "audition" process took nine (9) months but was well worth it.

As for the "sonic signature" of MS products, which I questionned initially, the salesperson told me they sound like Pierre's recordings. Sue was absolutely correct.

Regarding the recordings, IMHO, Pierre produces some of the most nautural, uncompressed, unprocessed CD's that clearly rank in the top three of anything that's out there. Groove Note (Jacintha recordings) and Metro Blue (Holly Cole) are the two others that immediately come to mind. For a starter, audition "Clifford Jordan Quartet / Live at Ethell's" and "Art of the Ballad / Best of Mapleshade".

Regarding Steve's comments about his wire, I agree they look unorthodox and utilize different design criteria for transmitting the signal but please don't judge their sonics on their looks. Pierre's design philosophy is "less is more". They are by any reasonable measure, lightning fast, transparent, uncolored, and musically engaging although somewhat "fragile" given the minimalistic approach.

Regarding Jeff's comments, I'm sorry that they were rude because I would love to read a review and Jeff is in a position to do so. However, I certainly understand Jeff's position given the myriad of products that are out there to review and I'm sure he doesn't appreciate a manufacturer with an attitude.

One final bonus. Most MS products carry a 30 day / money back guarantee so anyone who wishes to audition is only out the return ship costs if you decide to return.

I've spoken with some people that feel that the claims made in Pierre's catalogue are outrageous to cheesy and I don't disagree. However, if you are able to overlook this shortcoming, I would highly recommend that you give MS products a try. I strongly suspect you will not be disappointed.

GG

PS: Rich, I am really looking forward to your observations.

Howdy all,

As some of you may know from my past posts and as you can see from my system description, I am more than convinced that Pierre's products have an outstanding price / performance value.

Briefly, I started out with the CD treatment. Then I tried an interconnect. Then I tried the brass cones. Then I tried his speaker wire. Each item was auditioned one piece at a time so that I was confident that I was hearing what that particular piece did. My system (speaker wires, interconnects, power strip, and brass cones under all components) include all the above products manufactured by Mapleshade. The overall "audition" process took nine (9) months but was well worth it.

As for the "sonic signature" of MS products, which I questionned initially, the salesperson told me they sound like Pierre's recordings. Sue was absolutely correct.

Regarding the recordings, IMHO, Pierre produces some of the most nautural, uncompressed, unprocessed CD's that clearly rank in the top three of anything that's out there. Groove Note (Jacintha recordings) and Metro Blue (Holly Cole) are the two others that immediately come to mind. For a starter, audition "Clifford Jordan Quartet / Live at Ethell's" and "Art of the Ballad / Best of Mapleshade".

Regarding Steve's comments about his wire, I agree they look unorthodox and utilize different design criteria for transmitting the signal but please don't judge their sonics on their looks. Pierre's design philosophy is "less is more". They are by any reasonable measure, lightning fast, transparent, uncolored, and musically engaging although somewhat "fragile" given the minimalistic approach.

Regarding Jeff's comments, I'm sorry that they were rude because I would love to read a review and Jeff is in a position to do so. However, I certainly understand Jeff's position given the myriad of products that are out there to review and I'm sure he doesn't appreciate a manufacturer with an attitude.

One final bonus. Most MS products carry a 30 day / money back guarantee so anyone who wishes to audition is only out the return ship costs if you decide to return.

I've spoken with some people that feel that the claims made in Pierre's catalogue are outrageous to cheesy and I don't disagree. However, if you are able to overlook this shortcoming, I would highly recommend that you give MS products a try. I strongly suspect you will not be disappointed.

GG

PS: Rich, I am really looking forward to your observations.

Due to Gordon's excellent :bowdown: taste for music. I have ordered these:

1 #10032: Various Artists/13 Shades Of Blue
Best of Mapleshade 2
Item :10032 Price : $9.60

1 #04132: ARC Choir/Walk With Me
Item :04132 Price : $9.60

1 #11132 - Blues Legends Live
Item :11132 Price : $19.20

1 #06932: Blue Rider Trio/Harp, Steel and Guts
Item :06932 Price : $9.60

1 #06132: Various Artists/The Art Of The Ballad
Best of Mapleshade 1
Item :06132 Price : $9.60

1 #56292: Clifford Jordan Quartet/Live At Ethell's
Item :56292 Price : $9.60

Notice the price break for ordering four or more? :D

Last edited:
I've heard several of their disks at my dealer, and they all sounded well recorded. Content is purely subjective, so I won't comment on that except to say that I liked some, some I did not.

I suggest you start with Mapleshade's Music Festival (#08132). It contains songs from a dozen or so MS artists and besides containing a lot of really good music, it will give you a good idea what you like and don't like from their offerings.

Due to Gordon't excellent :bowdown: taste for music. I have ordered these:

Best of Mapleshade 2

1 #04132: ARC Choir/Walk With Me
Item :04132 Price : $9.60

1 #11132 - Blues Legends Live
Item :11132 Price : $19.20

1 #06932: Blue Rider Trio/Harp, Steel and Guts
Item :06932 Price : $9.60

1 #06132: Various Artists/The Art Of The Ballad
Best of Mapleshade 1

Item :56292 Price : $9.60

Notice the price break for ordering four or more? :D

I've got about 12-15 Mapleshades in my collection and all of them are excellent. Incredible, natural sonics. The Clifford Jordan "Live at Ethell's" disk is a standout for live jazz in a small club. The "Art of the Ballad" collection is a great way to just relax and listen to sweet soulfull music, and the Arc Chior "Walk With Me" disc is at times STARTLING in it's realism. I believe it is by far one of the best acappella recordings I've ever heard, not just for the YOU ARE THERE quality of the recording, but for the powerful heartfelt joy and vibrancy of the people in the chior. This is real Gospel music that will make you feel like you are right in the church with them. One of the tunes on this disc was sampled by another artist recently and used in their song, but I really can't remember who it was, and it doesn't matter because THIS is the recording to own. I'd be stunned if you didn't enjoy this disc.

Attachments

• ARC Choir.jpg
    ARC Choir.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
now I'm really pumped up for it. Thanks MITT.

Based on the positive recommendations, I just placed my order for these 4 titles.

#06132: Various Artists/The Art Of The Ballad
Best of Mapleshade 1
$9.60
Best of Mapleshade 2
$9.60
1 #05632: Patience Higgins/Live In Harlem
Item :05632 Price : $9.60
$9.60