glad to be part of the gang at ML, former Maggo and various cone head speaker guys.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallas21

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of dealer demp vantages for $2500 .Which I thought was very good . I just received them a very very good sounding speaker far better than the requests i had in 99. First thing to do is improve them I bought 2 of the Super good value Shunyata Venom 3 power cords for the speaker even new you can hear the improvement in inner detail as well a the lower noice floor. I am replacing the while High pass board except for the inductors .The 7 resistors all are being replaced with Mills 12w non inductive type, also the 3 capacitors a 47uf,22uf,and a 10ufall cheaper poly caps but sound ok,are replaced A very good cap little known in the U.S the poly film is German made and tighly would in Taiwan Obillgato Gold capacitors They use an aluminum foil not to dark and very sweet and open on top in other speakers .This will be a Big step up for $250m for both speaker s it is a bargain Parts connection is the only place in the U.S that carry them .I like them better than the Copper ones more balanced and airy especially good for the stat panel , for the Bass board I have a bunch of the New Aura T 2 Teflon.1 caps to put on the electrolytics to really smooth them out .
for under $500 a very good speaker now will better most any stock ML out there exceot in the Bas I have 2 of the new Emotiva 12 subs and they are a stel for the money .I have a jl audio 10 and untill you get to under 30 hz the emotiva is as good or better in output and very tunefull. Just a littl update to show other some people
just have to play.There goes my 5 year warranty !!

Welcome to the madhouse,

It looks like you have enough to do already with the mods department. As a Quest z owner I am natually curious to hear about the sonic improvements or differences over your older ReQuests.

It has been a while since I was in Worcester but I used be over in Shrewsbury a lot when DEC had its heyday. Love the old weatherboard houses in your area.

What are you using to drive the MLs?

Fjeff

Back