Furman Eilte 20 PFi Power Line Conditioner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Recently installed one in my system and am going to keep. From what I can tell, it does what a good PLC does with no audible deleterious effects. Less noise, "blacker" background, etc.

One very interesting design detail is that it incorporates some type of "power reserve" feature so the amp can better respond to loud passages. Don't ask me how they do it but it clearly works. Amp seem to have more "headroom" and responds quicker to source transients.

Can buy through Audio Advisor with a 30 day trial.

Highly recommended.

GG

Gordon, was this your first foray into power conditioning or were you replacing something else?

Hi Tim,

Never been a fan of PLC's. Had an API unit. Tried a Furertech. Sent back. Have a dedicated 20amp outlet for my system and the power is fairly "clean" here in Jackson.

Have been using the Mapleshade power strip. Like all MS products, very simple with no filtering / protection.

But, it's been like standing in the middle of a park with your pants down if you know what I mean. Always has been a concern if we ever got the "big surge".

Anyway, love the unit. As I said, can hear no artifacts, truncation of dynamics, speed, soundstage dimensionality, frequency response, etc.

I do firmly believe that there is a "synergy" between any PLC and any particular system. This one definitely works for me.

Gordon

Latest posts

Back