Fresco vs. Fresco I

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dcolt

Figures, just as I'm getting ready to take delivery of five Frescos, I come across the news that the Fresco i is out or will be shortly. On the plus side, I was able to get a fairly nice discount on the Frescos.

So aside from the obvious physical differences in the appearance of the grill, does anyone know if the new Fresco i has any meaningful differences in terms of performance?

Figures, just as I'm getting ready to take delivery of five Frescos, I come across the news that the Fresco i is out or will be shortly. On the plus side, I was able to get a fairly nice discount on the Frescos.

So aside from the obvious physical differences in the appearance of the grill, does anyone know if the new Fresco i has any meaningful differences in terms of performance?

No one knows details yet, but the reason you could get the killer deal on the Fresco's was clearing out of inventory to make room for Fresco i.

My advice: Just dont' worry about it, enjoy your great speakers (with better looking design, imho) and be happy =D

-Allen

Fresco i vs Fresco

Has anyone gotten info on the new fresco i yet?.If the i is much "i"mproved over the fresco,i may buy it and move my fresco to center rear surround. And make the fresco i center front,but i need to know if there is a big difference.

I have looked into both Fresco and Fresco I and apart from the new look the only difference I could find (to my surprise) is that the Fresco I's are not magnetically shielded as the original Frescos are shielded. The manual explains that there is no need for shielding as it is to be used with flat screens and not CRT's. This sounds like a cost cutting measure to me. I just purchased some discontinued Frescos (I prefer their look anyway) for use as center and surrounds, but I have set them up in a 3.1 mode until my Clarity's (or "Clarities") come in, and even though they are much, much smaller than the speakers they replace, I am really impressed with their transparency, soundstage, and overall dynamics, especially for movies where they truly disappear (at least in my room). For once I have actually "lived" the films I was watching, totally forgetting about the presence of speakers at all. It's enough to make me contemplate selling off my new Clarities and going 5.1 all Fresco. My only complaint is that being exposed to so much detailed sound over a long movie marathon gave me a slight head ache this weekend. I guess that's the price you pay for such detailed sonic texture (every minute of which I thoroughly enjoyed).

Back