Foundation Research LC 1's on my Oddessey's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had asked on this forum several months back about replacing the stock powercords that came with martin logans with after market cords. Some members said they made a difference , some didn't

I want to regress for a moment and say that when I purchased my Oddessey's last Novemeber , the authorized dealer for martin logan told me that if I ever bought after market powercords for them , buy the Foundation Research LC'1's. He stressed they were the best for logans, bar none.

If you are not familiar with the Foundation Research LC's, they have a conditioner built right into the cord. Ultra High Fidelity uses them in their reference systems.I must add that I already had my stock logan powercords running to an Audience adept response conditioner, it being on a 20 amp dedicated line.

I took the plunge this week and bought an LC 1 for each speaker.The logan dealer was right on the money. There is a vast improvement throughout top to bottom. The bass is cleaner and cleaner, the whole frequency spectrem is . Soundstaging , separation of instruments you name it, vast improvment over the stock cord. I was litterely amazed , big time upgrade!!

I have the Foundation Research cords plugged into the Audience conditioner as well. I have ordered Isoclean fuses to go into the Foundation Research conditioners and will have them installed early next week , which will improve things further. I highly recommend the Foundation Research LC'1's if you really want to hear what your Martin Logans have to offer you.

Cheers, Greg

Hi:
My dealer also recommended the Foundation Research LC1 power conditioner/cable. He said they are especially good with electrostatic speakers. After I upgrade my amp he'll bring me a pair to try on my Summits. I expect to purchase my new amp this month, so I hope to try the the conditioner this fall. Thanks for the report.

Hi:
My dealer also recommended the Foundation Research LC1 power conditioner/cable. He said they are especially good with electrostatic speakers. After I upgrade my amp he'll bring me a pair to try on my Summits. I expect to purchase my new amp this month, so I hope to try the the conditioner this fall. Thanks for the report.

Info on the LC1 mentions it is only adequate for low-power components and passive electrostatic speakers. I wonder if they would match well with Summits or Vantages...

Back