Found some classic ML stuff

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanDaRo

Reaction score
Went digging through a remote closet today and dug a folder out of a box that had some cool stuff in it. I found the owners manuals for my Acurus and Martin Logan gear. Of true interest was this perfectly preserved full-range brochure and Sequel II specific brochure.

Very cool. Thought I'd share... :D

~VDR

Attachments

• DSCF0045 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0045 (Large).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 239
Another one. A real classic.

Attachments

• DSCF0047 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0047 (Large).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 239
Great stuff. I'll keep these for a while...

Attachments

• DSCF0048 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0048 (Large).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 236
Man thats Cool stuff there ! If I had all the brochures I got when I was to poor to buy them and saved them I would have a collection of Classic gear!

By the looks of that brochure, it seems like the Quest was a higher and/or more expensive model than the CLS - can anyone confirm?

If memory serves me correctly, the Quests were $4K and the CLS was 3.5K in 1993 when I bought my Sequel IIs at $3K (plus a few hundred more for the Corian rails I got). I'm not saying Quest is better, just cost more.
Torry

Speaking of how the old products stack up, what ever happened to the Monoliths? I believe these documents suggest they were a higher end product. How come people here spend a lot of time talking about the CLS IIz, and I am not sure I've seen the Monolith III mentioned? Are the Monoliths just harder to come by? Or do some people just prefer being 100% electrostatic?

Also, this is the first I've ever heard of a Statement before the E2. How much did it cost, and does anyone here have any experience with it?

Last edited:
Speaking of how the old products stack up, what ever happened to the Monoliths? I believe these documents suggest they were a higher end product. How come people here spend a lot of time talking about the CLS IIz, and I am not sure I've seen the Monolith III mentioned? Are the Monoliths just harder to come by? Or do some people just prefer being 100% electrostatic?

Also, this is the first I've ever heard of a Statement before the E2. How much did it cost, and does anyone here have any experience with it?

It's a pure electrostatic thing. That being said - I find it interesting the CLS slotted in between the Sequel and Quest, yet the CLX is stratospheres above the top hybrid model, the Summit.

The original Statement (along with its matching sub tower) can be seen in the ML product guide of this website (somewhat outdated though).

Personally I think it looks somewhat similar (and better too) to the current CLX. I really wish the CLX was airframe.

Yup - I had that exact same paperwork - and I remember it distinctly because I used to stare at it for hours!

The UK importer (Ricardo of Absolute Sounds, IF i remember correctly) owned a pair of the original Statements. I remember a review of his system in the UK hi-fi press. He had an incredible system. Anyway, after coming away from it, I distinctly remember the reviewer saying "for that money, I'd want to hear the voice of God!" He must've gotten pretty close.

The size of thge original Statement panel is just immense. I'd love to hear a pair working properly even now. How would a CLX fair against it, I wonder?

Nice Re-Discovery Van !

Reminds me of finding an old Lionel train catalog from when I was a kid.

Back