First Audition of New Stats. Heresy to follow!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I have tremendous respect for the design talents of Gayle Sanders, I must tell you that students of the art should hear Quad ESL 63s driven by Futterman tube-regulated OTL mono blocks.

I may have forgotten to mention that I already have a pair of Quad 57 as well as a pair of Quad 63 both in very good shape and up and running ...I am looking for modern successors to beat them on all points , which will not be easy

regards,

FireStealth

Indeed!

I may have forgotten to mention that I already have a pair of Quad 57 as well as a pair of Quad 63 both in very good shape and up and running ...I am looking for modern successors to beat them on all points , which will not be easy

I have never met a "Quad Man" that was ever satisfied with any other ES or planar!

I certainly look forward to reading more about your quest. :music:

Cheers,
Ray

A very telling statement indeed.
So actually, what you are saying is that the Final's do not tax your amplifier as the Summits did.
That certainly does not make for a very level playing field. I have heard ML's sound horrific due to mediocre and unstable amplification.

I can only wonder what your impressions of the Final vs. the Summit would be if you heard each under ideal amplification conditions. I'm thinking that the Summit would fair better in such an even-handed comparison.:D

Cheers,
Ray

The comparision was done on a Pass X250. If you need more/better amplification than that...then you start to further widen the value gap...

"I have never met a "Quad Man" that was ever satisfied with any other ES or planar!"

Ray:
You and I know each other thru SFAS and Audio By Caruso/Audio Artisan. I think you know why people who have owned Quads almost always return to them after trying other speakers. How many times over the years in reviews have you seen these words; "Quad like midrange?" There are many people in the business who own Quads, but sell other brands of speakers. That being said, I am still an admirer of the ML ESL's.

PS: I will NOT name names.

Back