few questions.....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASONDMAGUIRE

Reaction score
First,
Is there a way to run the power and the speaker wire together?
I saw on Audiogon a 10' cable that has
"speaker wire is 6 conductor, 14 gauge each with and additional 2 strands of 18 gauge if needed to carry dc voltage for the system"

And second...How would I aim a Cinema if I didn't buy the "I"?

thanks guys, I love the helpfulness of the crew here!
jm

I dont think it would be best to run those two cables together, it could contribute extra noise that could possible be heard thru the speaker. You would have to have some heavy duty shielding on the speaker wire to keep that noise out.
Nik

Agree with Nik. Most of us go out of our way to seperate the power cables from the speaker cables.

How to aim the Cinema if I didn't buy the "Cinema I"?

I still need some input on how to aim a Cinema. I need to pick up a center and I have found several Cinema centers but not the Cinema I. If I do get it without the stand, how do I aim it?

I still need some input on how to aim a Cinema. I need to pick up a center and I have found several Cinema centers but not the Cinema I. If I do get it without the stand, how do I aim it?

FYI

Cinema stands used to be (and might still be) available either though your local ML dealer or possibly directly from ML (roughly $200, I got mine for $180). If you do end up going this direction and purchase an older Cinema, you will have to remove the 2 foam pads from the bottom of the speaker before the stand can be attached. It does make a bit of a mess but is do-able.

Last edited:
I used a hockey puck under the front edge of my cinema to tilt it up a little bit to aim it at my listening position. Not high tech, but it was black and blended right in. :eek:

Latest posts

Back