Everyday Listening Help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
As much as it hurts to say- not really- I am going to keep my Pioneer Elite 84 reciever. I really tried to talk myself into the Rotel RSP-1098 but for what I need for myself and the rest of the family it made more sense to keep the Elite. I get the benifets of having my iTunes stream on one input and a dedicated iPod input so the girlfriend can listen to her music whenever. Along with 2 ilink and 4 HDMI inputs.

So with that said I will be purchsing a amp to power my MLs. However, I want to make it so that I have two front channel speakers- one for everyday listening and another for serious sound/HT/2channel listening. Any ideas on how to go about doing this? Do I need a audio switcher?
Thanks!
Nik

You DON'T need a second set of front speakers. If your Pioneer receiver has "pre-outs", you can use it as a "pre-amp" feeding your soon-to-be-acquired two channel amp, powering the ML's. I did that for a couple years using a Yamaha receiver as my "pre". At a later date you can even upgrade to a SS or tube Pre, with a "home-theater bypass", thus allowing you to still use your Pioneer for Home Theater, HDMI, etc. but the option of using only higher-end separates for pure two channel listening. I have the Modwright Pre, which allows that. I just got the tube-rectified upgrade which takes it to yet another level.

That is the plan- to use the pre-outs to the amp and possible 12volt switching, and I know that MLs sound AWESOME but really I dont think I need MLs to watch the news. To me it would seem like unnecessary ML/ amp usage and unnecessary excess power usage. I have a modwright sony 999 or 9100 planned but that will be later in the system build up.
Nik

Latest posts

Back