Emotiva XPR5 400Watts, what do you think?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
500w 8 ohm -> 750w 4 ohm. I wonder what they do at 2 and 1 ohm? Might not be a lot of head room there. Of course, to be fair, you'll probably never be using that amount of wattage, even at 1 ohm swings.

Emotiva is one of the most controversial brands in hifi today. The "specs vs cost" are almost unbelievable. However, the forums are full of horror stories with this brand as to customer support and quality. I do not own one personally so I do not speak from personal experience. Many have bought them and love them, others have had major issues with quality, repair requests, etc. One thing to note is that these are made in China with cheap components. That is not to say they are bad, but don't expect to get a McIntosh or Conrad Johnson in the mail for 1/10th the cost. Buyer beware. You may want to read this thread as their are some pro and con arguements:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?12805-Emotiva-XPA-1-monoblock-impressions...&highlight=emotiva

I have a few friends who own Emotiva's, and one of which does own some EMESLs. They seem to be great. No problems as of yet. I have been considering them for myself because of the price. Being a college student I dont have a ton of cash lying around, so trying to find high quality components can be difficult. I have also been checking out the Wyred for Sound amps. They are a little more spendy but not by much, and they seem to get excellent feed back. I might also just stick with what works and stay with Marantz seeing as they dont charge a college education for a pair of amps hahaha.

Emotiva is one of the most controversial brands in hifi today. The "specs vs cost" are almost unbelievable. However, the forums are full of horror stories with this brand as to customer support and quality. I do not own one personally so I do not speak from personal experience. Many have bought them and love them, others have had major issues with quality, repair requests, etc. One thing to note is that these are made in China with cheap components. That is not to say they are bad, but don't expect to get a McIntosh or Conrad Johnson in the mail for 1/10th the cost. Buyer beware. You may want to read this thread as their are some pro and con arguements:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?12805-Emotiva-XPA-1-monoblock-impressions...&highlight=emotiva

I concur with your post as well.

Back