Electromotion placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML Goat

Reaction score
How does this look? Suggestions are welcome. Also,suggestions on my cable management is welcome too..

Attachments

• ML.jpg
    ML.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 489
How does this look? Suggestions are welcome. Also,suggestions on my cable management is welcome too..

Lopsided - how dose it sound? Do you have a an image when you close your eyes and the singer is ...

I have found with my Electromotion that having the speakers an equal distance from the centre really give a good image, also you could work with the toe in a bit. Having the same depth of serface behind the speakers could be helpful to the sound imaging.

The cable management I will leave to others.

I moved the left speaker over a bit. They are even. If I put them even with the center,then they will be a lot closer to the wall. The image is perfect in the middle. Someone told me to put them that far out. I wonder if I put them even with center if its going to affect the sound.

Don't be afraid to experiment with toe in, toe out and panel vertical angles, as well. There is no one "perfect" position, as the speakers interact with each space they are placed. Trust your ears.

If you can then its always a good idea to move the rack someplace else so its not in the middle behind the speakers. doing that simple little thing has a great impact on the sound

For now I got them about 90 degrees vertical and toed at about the 3rd of the panel.. Sounds pretty good. I've never heard them set up correctly so I don't know what they sound like besides how I've toyed with my own.

For now I got them about 90 degrees vertical and toed at about the 3rd of the panel.. Sounds pretty good. I've never heard them set up correctly so I don't know what they sound like besides how I've toyed with my own.

Trust your ears. As they break in you will find that you need to tweek the placement, toe in and angle. Keep the spaces behind the speakers the same like projectormovielover has mentioned - move the rack or put another rack behind the other speaker. Better without though. Your sound should streach beyond the speakers both left and right. find a well recored peice of music that has good depth sonicly. One old peice of music that has good depth to it is Van Morrisons Moondance - all of the instruments play around Van Morrision - something that surprise me even after listined to it for most of my life.

Thanks for your help. The speakers are broken in. They sound really good. It funny how great good recordings sound. It makes all the difference.

Back