'Easy Jazz' thread, where is it?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Bassi

Reaction score
A while back there was a small thread on everyone's favorite 'easy jazz' recordings, but I cant find it. Does anyone recall that?

My two year old daughter, who is normally quite difficult to get to sleep at night, winds down much quicker if I put her in my listening chair with something along the likes of Krall, Jones (Norah) or other soft, smooth jazz collections. But my collection is thin in this area.

If anyone recalls that thread (or can make a recommendation) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks-
Tj

I don't recall the thread. However, using the Pandora Internet radio service, you can "create" your own "soft jazz" radio station. Just start off requesting artists like Norah Jones, Diane Krall, or Madeleine Peyroux, etc. I believe Pandora is still FREE to listen to via your computer or stereo (using a Squeezebox). Highly recommended!

www.pandora.com

Also, besides the Squeezebox, here's a list of other media servers that work with Pandora...
http://www.pandora.com/in-the-home?from_home=1

Last edited:
Good info, thanks. I'll have to give that a try. Not that I have a computer or squeezebox anywheres near my audio room. With the exception of my Krell KPS front end, around here digital is considered :devil:

Tj

TJ, I will be looking into something that will play nicely with the KPS 25sc unit. Ill keep you in the loop.

Chris-

I thought there was a typo in your text, but had forgotten you upgraded to cast on your unit. Seems as if you and I are the only two on the forum running a KPS front end. The rest of the guys dont know what they're missing :rolleyes:

Tj

Know body does until they experience the lush deep precise soundstage of the Krell. The retail price was a deter ant for many. They never even gave it a thought or even a listen. It truly is a world class piece ! The CAST has taken it a step farther. The other day my non audio brother came over and said that the sound was coming from the fireplace 6 feet behind the speakers. Never have I heard a CD front end had so much depth and detail.

Hi Chris,

Top shelf components, especially when they are part of a well tuned system, can do some pretty amazing things.

I've had similar experiences with my Cary and certain recordings. But with me, since my back wall is essentially large windows with some plants in front, music seems to be eminating from vocalists / musicians in my front yard.

Gordon

Hi Chris,

Top shelf components, especially when they are part of a well tuned system, can do some pretty amazing things.

I've had similar experiences with my Cary and certain recordings. But with me, since my back wall is essentially large windows with some plants in front, music seems to be eminating from vocalists / musicians in my front yard.LMAO ...... Now that is some depth to the stage!

Gordon
Believe it or Not Cary was my second choice for CD play back . Its as good as one could get to. The only reason I went with the Krell is the CAST , Curiosity was killing me and I knew I could always go XLR and it was smooth with them.

Back to your original question: try anything by Jane Monheit. And how about something Latin - Marta Gomez (on Chesky); the CD is called "Entre Cada Palabra". There is also a compilation by a bunch of different artists, called "Latin Lullaby".

I've been searching for that thread on and off all day and havent come across it. Its here somewheres....I'll run across it eventually. I know there are recommended recording threads available from the main menu but I recall a specific thread on smooth jazz.

Thanks for your suggestions.....the Latin titles seem interesting and are on my list to hunt for tomorrow.

Tj

Well, while we're throwing out names, Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart just came on downstairs on XM. It sounded good enough that I ran downstairs to see who it was. Definitely a laid-back style (for this cut at least).

Latest posts

Back