Dr. Ford v Judge Cavanaugh; Who

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
gave the more compelling testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee?

I will watch the remainder tonight so I will provide my opinion tomorrow. :devil:

Gordon

Last edited:
Well amigos, here's my take after watching the vast majority of the hearing.

Both parties gave very compelling testimony. I don't know what is true or not true.

The Dems have been asking for a FBI investigation that would investigate the allegations that, per one senator, would take a week. I would assume that this could be done within this timeframe. There are a limited number of people to interview.

The Judge has stated, on numerous occasions, that he wants a "fair" process but was unwilling, when asked, to request the President to direct said investigation. He indicated that he would cooperate with the Committees requests. The Reps on the Committee are unwilling to make the same request and a vote will be held within the next two hours.

Nuff said.

Gordon

For anyone who is interested in this.

Jeff Flake changed his mind and voted conditionally to approve the Judge.

Good news: There will be an FBI investigation into Dr. Ford's allegations.

Bad news: This only occurred because the Reps did not have the votes to approve the Judge's nomination.

let Democracy prevail, so said Lindsey Graham .............

It's clear that he has already made up his mind my friend.

I kinda liked him before but I've lost any respect I had as a result of his recent conduct.

no argument but you apparently missed his interview today regarding the FBI investigation

A bunch of them are trying to save face right now. My guess is that it won't change anything.

Kavanaugh DID NOT carry himself as someone deserving a position on the Supreme Court. He cut people off, ranted and cried crocodile tears that I had trouble believing. I think he is just feeling entitled to having things go his way and is completely shocked that he is getting some push back.

However, EVERY SINGLE woman that I've spoken to is LIVID about this. I know a bunch of women who didn't vote in the last presidential election that have doubled down and said they will vote in every election going forward. A few of them just registered to vote again and haven't voted in years. I have no idea if I'm seeing isolated incidents or if there is a movement actually taking place.

I do know that my red state may actually elect a democratic senator in this election. He is the former governor, is popular and currently ahead in the polls. He is definitely a moderate and the people in this state respect him despite the crazy attack ads that make outrageous claims and lie about him. Interestingly enough these ads are not paid for by his opponent, they are coming directly from DC.

Last edited:
Mark,

I agree that this will further encourage females and independents to show up and vote. If nothing else happens, this will be positive outcome of this event and hopefully result in the Dems taking over the majority in either the House, Senate, or both.

This was like the Anita Hill / Clarence Thomas nomination hearings which I will call, for sake of metaphor, a pig.

This time, they put a dress on the pig but it's still a pig.

Gordon

It's obvious that the GOP are getting worried about loosing the Senate seat in TN. Pence just left our state and there was no change in the polls, so now Trump is scheduled to visit TN.

Bredesen has been projecting a very calm respectable demeanor in all of his advertisements and hasn't sunk to the level of the GOP propaganda. I think he may have a chance of actually doing this :)

This shows exactly how evasive Kavanaugh was which is a good indication that he was hiding something.

fordkavanaugh.jpg

Well, more hysteria by the Democrat party. You got your 7th FBI investigation it also showed nothing new so, you don't believe it. There is nothing that your party will ever be happy with as long as there is a conservative still walking the earth.

Why are you not calling for Dr Ford to be charged with lying to the committee? She very clearly said that she was never coached or coached anyone on taking a polygraph test. Her ex boyfriend made a statement that he witnessed her coach her friend that was applying for a job with the FBI.

She is clearly guilty, especially by you standards.

Mark, I'm sure you candidate will win now that Taylor Swift had endorsed him.

Brad you are certainly on the right right track. I do believe something happened to Ford but with not one person to collaborate her story what are you supposed to do. Say Brett is guilty with her word alone? Of course not, remember innocence until proven guilty. Did Brett drink to much in HS yes from several accounts but I did not hear much since. You would think that Ford would of had a backup to her story. She just figure being a woman with heartfelt story would just automatically have Brett guilty. Yes her Senator did her wrong but that is not Brett’s problem. The system worked well. Sloppy yes. Oh by the way who leaked her story anyway. Oh ya a democratic senator. That is the real crime here.

Well, more hysteria by the Democrat party. You got your 7th FBI investigation it also showed nothing new so, you don't believe it. There is nothing that your party will ever be happy with as long as there is a conservative still walking the earth.

Why are you not calling for Dr Ford to be charged with lying to the committee? She very clearly said that she was never coached or coached anyone on taking a polygraph test. Her ex boyfriend made a statement that he witnessed her coach her friend that was applying for a job with the FBI.

She is clearly guilty, especially by you standards.

Mark, I'm sure you candidate will win now that Taylor Swift had endorsed him.

Brad you are certainly on the right right track. I do believe something happened to Ford but with not one person to collaborate her story what are you supposed to do. Say Brett is guilty with her word alone? Of course not, remember innocence until proven guilty. Did Brett drink to much in HS yes from several accounts but I did not hear much since. You would think that Ford would of had a backup to her story. She just figure being a woman with heartfelt story would just automatically have Brett guilty. Yes her Senator did her wrong but that is not Brett’s problem. The system worked well. Sloppy yes. Oh by the way who leaked her story anyway. Oh ya a democratic senator. That is the real crime here.

agreed gents, one of the ugliest Supreme Court confirmations ever. I really felt for Kavanaugh's family being drug through all this mess.

Did anyone of you watch all of the testimony? I did and by all accounts, including DT and Reps on the Committee, she was a very credible witness.

Did something happen to Dr. Ford? Again unanimity on this question that something did.

Was Kavanaugh present? We will never definitively know the answer to this question. If you all want to believe that this question was answered, I have nothing else to say.

What shocks me about the latest posts is that the victim is being victimized again (as so often happens in these cases) which was why Dr. Ford requested remaining anonymous when she contacted Senator Feinstein and was very reluctant to come forward and testify before the entire world. She personally had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Frankly, I'm very ashamed by all of you that have taken the "party" line for your lack of respect and honesty regarding this issue.

Respectfully,

Gordon

PS: The lack of definitive corroborating evidence does not mean that the event did not happen.

Last edited:
Part line hell, what do you think happen here Gordon with her 'coming out' 37 years later ???

as for your 'PS', while true, the opposite needs to be realized as well for so many had him convicted from the beginning.

Dave,

Not revealing sexual assault until many years after the event is not atypical or unusual. If you research this "delay time reporting" issue, you may change your view.

Here's one article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/us/kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford.html

Also, remember Bill Cosby's and Harvey Weinstein's accusers? How long did that take? Answer, many years.

Best,

Gordon

PS: One of the reasonable issues raised was why she did not accept the Committee's invitation to come to California and hear her testimony. This would avoid the "public spectacle". I saw an interview with Dr. Ford's attorneys. They indicated that the Committee was going to send "staffers" and not actual Judiciary Committee members to California and that was not acceptable to Dr. Ford. As she said when she testified, she came forward because she felt it was her "civic duty" to do so. To repeat, she had nothing to gain by appearing and everything to lose.

Last edited:
Did anyone of you watch all of the testimony? I did and by all accounts, including DT and Reps on the Committee, she was a very credible witness.

Did something happen to Dr. Ford? Again unanimity on this question that something did.

Was Kavanaugh present? We will never definitively know the answer to this question. If you all want to believe that this question was answered, I have nothing else to say.

What shocks me about the latest posts is that the victim is being victimized again (as so often happens in these cases) which was why Dr. Ford requested remaining anonymous when she contacted Senator Feinstein and was very reluctant to come forward and testify before the entire world. She personally had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Frankly, I'm very ashamed by all of you that have taken the "party" line for your lack of respect and honesty regarding this issue.

Respectfully,

Gordon

PS: The lack of definitive corroborating evidence does not mean that the event did not happen.

Gordon - Not sure what you or I'm missing here. Yes I listened to much of her account and yes she was credible - no doubt. I do infact think she did have a very bad experience years and years ago. However I don't get the "Blame the victim" comment that the left keeps brings up. That is usually when nothing is done to research the incident. Yet her incident was researched by the FBI no less and during public statements during testimony- you can argue that was it enough but I would argue that for some it would never be enough. The FBI did ask all she said were present that day and others yet no one collaborated her story not even her "Best Friend". I believe the victim was not blamed here although some certainly have said that and that is unfortunate. Also there is absolutely nothing that I'm aware of what Brett did after HS or college that would be similar or even close to what happened to her. I'm sure if it did that would of come up - right? Nothing at all was reported. So we are to believe that he did this very bad thing several times in HS and then just stopped? How believable is that? Who do I blame - Feinstein. Oh my god she is a woman can't say anything bad now can we? Where is the lefts outrage for what she did? I think many are happy it did leak out so mums the word and secretly happy she did. Ford should be extremely angry at her.

To your last comment: You are right but that is not enough to ruin a man's life. Evidence is needed and there is none to back her story up. So I guess in your world he should be guilty until proved innocent but that is not how our system works. There are others in the world that have a system that has it backwords - North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba etc. but not here.

Last edited:
Why are you not calling for Dr Ford to be charged with lying to the committee?

I was referring to the statement by Brad and others like Senator Graham and, of course, our dear president. No offense intended Brad. :cool:

And I'm not implying that the Judge should be guilty until proven innocent. The process (classic Washington sausage making) has been completed and it is time to move on.

People wanted closure to this issue and my take is that no one, absent the principal players, MAY know the truth of what actually occurred.

Regarding Diane Feinstein, my take is that she honored Dr. Ford's request and it was Dr. Ford who decided to talk to the press after she was confronted by numerous reporters (one posed as a student attending one of her classes) regarding the allegations.

Last edited:
Dave,

Not revealing sexual assault until many years after the event is not atypical or unusual. If you research this "delay time reporting" issue, you may change your view.

Here's one article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/us/kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford.html

Also, remember Bill Cosby's and Harvey Weinstein's accusers? How long did that take? Answer, many years.

Best,

Gordon

PS: One of the reasonable issues raised was why she did not accept the Committee's invitation to come to California and hear her testimony. This would avoid the "public spectacle". I saw an interview with Dr. Ford's attorneys. They indicated that the Committee was going to send "staffers" and not actual Judiciary Committee members to California and that was not acceptable to Dr. Ford. As she said when she testified, she came forward because she felt it was her "civic duty" to do so. To repeat, she had nothing to gain by appearing and everything to lose.

Understood Gordon, but don't think for one minute that the Ford and Fienstein 'tag team' effort here was anything other than political.

also, to say she had nothing to gain and everything to lose is ridiculous ........... perhaps a book deal in the making.

Lets just get this mess behind us and focus on 'trying' to conquer the 'Great Divide'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back