Dog hair issues with MLs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterK

Reaction score
I am really wanting to purchase a pair of Ethos or Montis but----
As I have 2 dogs, I am concerned about the effects of hair as dust is a known issue. My dogs have fly away hair that floats threw the air whenever they tussle or just shake. This dog hair collects in clumps and floats across the floor. I vacuum daily but they seem to shed continuously. I know I can keep the shipping socks on during non use. Thoughts? What exact effect would stray hairs have on the panels?
Thanks.

I am really wanting to purchase a pair of Ethos or Montis but----
As I have 2 dogs, I am concerned about the effects of hair as dust is a known issue. My dogs have fly away hair that floats threw the air whenever they tussle or just shake. This dog hair collects in clumps and floats across the floor. I vacuum daily but they seem to shed continuously. I know I can keep the shipping socks on during non use. Thoughts? What exact effect would stray hairs have on the panels?
Thanks.

Plenty of us have dogs.

It is always worth keeping the speakers covered when not in use whether you have pets or not. Also vacuum them regularly so nothing builds up. Once a month or so.

And my dog knows that the listening room is for "listening with daddy" only - no playing or shenanigans in there. Dogs are intelligent - they can be trained. It's all good!

Don't let the dogs do you out of some quality speakers. I have kitty cats and one is Persian and her hair is like everywhere so I keep my speakers , screen leather chairs everything all covered all the time when not home. The speakers come with nice socks so slip em off for listening and do like amey say's and vacuum once a month as you will be glad you chose to go with ML

IME it isn't the loose hairs themselves that are the problem; it's the additional fine particles ('dust,' dander, fibers, etc.) that pets (and humans) attract and bring with them from outside or pick up and stir up from the floor.
In general, I would say that the ubiquitous leaf blower is the main culprit for creating and distributing airborne dust. But then you just vacuum it off after it builds up on the panel - no problem!

I have four labs and a bird and my Theos and Motif are just fine. I also live in a desert so there is just a lot of dust just floating in the air. No worries, or concerns here. I do however still cover my speakers when I know I wont be using them for a few days.

Sounds like it's time for a dedicated music room.

Don't even sweat it. It won't effect your speakers at all. Dog hair is not going to get in those little holes. I have a Boxer dog and no issues here and they shed bigtime. Why do people make excuses not to do something. You can work around most stuff. A cat with all its claws that likes to climb,now that would scare me. That ML speaker would be a playground for a cat..

Yeah I have a cat too, and no problems. But like previously stated all of the ML speakers come with this nice "sock" that can be used at nights and during the days when the speakers are not in use.

Unless you bought an open box set and got a good deal like me.. Then no sock..

Thanks all for the replies. Makes me feel much better.
Will start another thread on center channel choices.
Pete

Latest posts

Back