does anyone have this problem (see pic first)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioraptured

Reaction score
I am open to some solutions to clean this up before my wife does. I do not understand the "I can see the wires" rant. Anyone? Thanks for understanding...

Attachments

• what_schematic[1].JPG
    what_schematic[1].JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 267
Threaten to thrash her with a spare IC if she so much as touches your system! Just kidding. Try the CableOrganizer.com website for some good, cheap ideas on taming the rat's nest.

My wife couldn't careless about the wires, I just don't get it as to why anyone would care but women are not men! http://www.cableorganizer.com

Yes.... I Did At One Time....

audioraptured,

:p You should check-out Dolfin's system #78... :D Dolfin came-up with the neatest solution with clear pictures of how he accomplished the task of bundling his cables soooo neatly...:D

I like this TechFlex cable wrap. Comes in different sizes you pick the length and I think it really makes things look good. A bit expensive. I am going to check out risabet's web site suggestion...sounds promising.

Try this one though too: http://www.pctoys.com/flexo6.html

I would use cable wrap. You can get it at Radio Shack and Lowes. Just remember to keep power cables separate from cable that carry an audio signal to cut down on any potential. Optical cables are not effected by electrical interference so you can bunble them with power cords if necessary.

Have a look at my system. I bought a big cabinet to put all the gear in and now the cables are hidden behind the cabinet! Simple and effective - only issue is it is hard to access the equipment which can be a real pain!

generally all good ideas, just remember not to run AC lines parrell with those signal source lines. Cross at 90 degrees and seperated.

I thought my cable spaghetti was bad. Your's is worse though. Maybe not by much, but worse still. To understand why try vacuuming the area around... On top of that are the electromagnetic side effects.

There is one solution to such cable woes, it is called:

Knife!

Cable wraps and sleeves can only help so much. Your cables are simply too long. Mine are too. Cut.

Way too much length on most of those cables. The best way to avoid the spagetti mess is to use cables only as long as you need, especially in HT systems.

Way too much length on most of those cables. The best way to avoid the spagetti mess is to use cables only as long as you need, especially in HT systems.

Craig is right. Coiling those cables isn't such a good idea either. You weaken audio signals that way, apparently the result of transformer effect.

Ben

Back