Do you allow your family to use the ML & system?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My GF tries to mess with my system, especially whenever she's over and she wants to hear something through the PC like youtube stuff or Grey's Anatomy on abc.com.... but she sometimes messes with the volume and before I know it, the volume on the PC is on minimum, but the volume on the Cary preamp is at MAX!!! :eek:

Egads woman!!

Or sometimes, the preamp is set to a different input, but both the PC and the Cary's volumes are both at MAX!!! :eek:

Yikes!

So, yes, people mess with my system, but I dont see this as a problem as it's better when others are involved anyway.

I just make sure:
1. No one pokes a hole through the Summits.
2. No one hits the Summits or scratches it... gotta keep the clear aluminum in tiptop shape.
3. No one touches the tubes themselves.
4. No one unplugs anything.

That's all... otherwise, my GF, my brothers, and friends all mess with my system. ;) :D

Everybody has access to my system. Heck even my 4 year old grand son knows how to turn it on. The trick is they are all limited to the Pronto remote and loading discs to the DVD.

I encourage them to use it. I want others to hear how nice music in the home can sound and to know what they have been missing.

I have a dedicated small room and wife can play it, only digital. When I told her the cost of my cartridge, she is away of them...only me touches them.:rocker: I am blessed that she likes good music and respects my liking. Happy listening,
Roberto.:musicnote:

Everybody has access to my system. Heck even my 4 year old grand son knows how to turn it on. The trick is they are all limited to the Pronto remote and loading discs to the DVD.

Same here! The universal remote keeps hands off the gear and enables everyone to use the system.
I'm sure the kids have watched far more movies on the system than myself.

I encourage them to use it. I want others to hear how nice music in the home can sound and to know what they have been missing.

Exactly my sentiments, Craig! I agree 100%.... the only prerequisite for me is that I educate them about how to go about using it and set ground rules as to which aspects of the system should not be altered.

Joey

Both Of My Beautiful Sons...

I trust my sons. They are the only one who can touch my system, or lift my Anthem Atatement P5 amplifier for that matter... :D

If it wasn't for my wonderful sons, I might not be an audiophile now... They have given me so much support and encouragement it is really wonderful. My sons' are the only people who really understand my audiophileness, with the exception of everyone here at the ML Club of course... :D :p :D

life partner, ML system, key to happiness

I have an ML system that is used both as a home theater in 5.1 channel (Summits, Stage, Script i's, 2 Descent i's, 2 Descents) and audio only as a 2.1 system (Summits, 2 Descent i's, 2 Descents). I have it set up so that both of us can use the system.
I have programmed a universal remote that with one-button operation turns on the surround system preamp, processor, both amplifiers, plasma display, media receiver and DVD-universal player. This way my wife can either watch television, movies or listen to digital music sources. Since she watches more video than I do, it meets her needs. I can convert back to 2.1 audio and analog signals (phono, tape, FM) with another single button command.
This has made my major hobby also very wife acceptable. For the younger among the club members, believe, WAF is an important key to accepting your audiophilia without compromising your uxoriphilia.

I trust my sons. They are the only one who can touch my system, or lift my Anthem Atatement P5 amplifier for that matter... :D

If it wasn't for my wonderful sons, I might not be an audiophile now... They have given me so much support and encouragement it is really wonderful. My sons' are the only people who really understand my audiophileness, with the exception of everyone here at the ML Club of course...

Actually, I dont understand you, Robin!! :p :p :p

Back