DIY Interconnect ideas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed a thead in the DIY section that speaks of DIY IC's with coax cable.

I am currently auditioning a DIY IC from my TT to Phono-pre. It is constructed of 24 ga solid core copper, enamel insulation (I believe this to be motor winding wire) a third wire is utilized as the shield as opposed to copper or foil wrap. Neutrik gold plated RCA's are used for plug terminations.

While I'm enjoying this IC very much I'm wondering has anybody else done some DIY cabling with different approaches they would like to share ?

I'm most interested in shielded ones.

I am currently auditioning a DIY IC from my TT to Phono-pre. It is constructed of 24 ga solid core copper, enamel insulation (I believe this to be motor winding wire) a third wire is utilized as the shield as opposed to copper or foil wrap. Neutrik gold plated RCA's are used for plug terminations.

While I'm enjoying this IC very much I'm wondering has anybody else done some DIY cabling with different approaches they would like to share ?

I'm most interested in shielded ones.

Cat 5e (plenum rated) works really well as well.

I am currently auditioning a DIY IC from my TT to Phono-pre.......
Harry Weisfeld indicated a while ago that the low level signal from a cartidge is not enough to burn in a phono cable, so you should burn it in elsewhere - I would recommend 500 hours :p

Harry Weisfeld indicated a while ago that the low level signal from a cartidge is not enough to burn in a phono cable, so you should burn it in elsewhere - I would recommend 500 hours :p

Hi Bernard, the cables I'm listening through right now do have 'listening time'
on them. A fellow over @ audicircle.com that I have chatted with does this as a hobby and asked that I give them an audition.

FWIW, I'm not one who believes in the extended/mega hour break-in period theory.

Well after one week of listening through "Tuan's Anti-Cables" I've decided to keep them. They are everything I look for in an IC....open, airy, transparent yet neutral along with bandwidth extension that has no 'roll-off'.

Back