diy Basement "kids hangout" to HT

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conrad1

Reaction score

Attachments

• P1000011.jpg
    P1000011.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 458
lots of potential there! looks like an adventure.

keep us updated.

Those wires look like blue jeans. I used 12white to run from basement to living room.

Thanks! Will keep you all posted.

This week learned much more about plumbing inspections than I ever cared to. Good news, with a couple of tweaks we passed. ;)

Yesterday was about testing all the wiring. All worked. Jojomtn, used 12G wire. Kept all runs (barely under 50ft). Rears were iffy keeping them under 50ft, but managed.

Loved the links and discussion threads on wiring from you and other members. As a DYI'er sure helped moving me up from completely incompentent to something north of that.

Pretty exciting to open up the Prefaces and TF's to do more than just looking at them and imagining.

N. Young and CH boys were kind of bouncing all around as I worked..... I am going to need to do a lot with sound traps. Know the carpet will help. I am going to curves the soffits to help with the look of the basement and hopefully the sound.

Will post some more pics as I go along.

Keep the momentum going Conrad1, looks great so far!

Geeze I wish I had a freakin basement, this is the first house I moved into without one!

Will wait for your final pix conrad. Jim, can you point to me where i should start reading about home treatments. Theres so many on the net and most ive read so far are too advanced for me. Im interested on doing the treatments little by little but would like to plan it out first. I dont know where to put what at and why.

this is a good read: http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

and check out his forum: http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/24/page/1

ethan has a ton of helpful scientifically proven info on the web, i really learned the most from his writings. also glen fron GIK hangs out it the room treatment board on gearslutz too, and is extremely helpful with questions. his answers seem to be simplistic and he isnt afraid to give up to many ticks like ethan can be.

those should help you get started, but dont forget to check out jonfo's threads here also, he has some very well laid out info in those threads thats is focused on the needs of ML's specifically.

Back