Difference between Script and Script i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remoteportal

Reaction score
1) What is the difference between the Script and Script i speakers? I Googled this and because of the 'i' I can't find any relevant SERPs.

2) What does 'i' generally mean in the ML line of speakers?

3) Do you recommend the Script speakers? I'm considering for surround speakers for a HT system.

Pete
Vistas
Indian Trail, NC

The i stands for "improved." The script i has improved esthetics over the script. It has a gen 2 stat panel with the microperf stators and clearspar technology. It has a lower crossover frequency (450 hz. vs. 500 hz.) and is slightly more efficient (89 d.b. vs. 88 d.b.). A script i speaker is also generally going to be newer than a script, so the panel should be in better shape.

According to ML's PDF of the Script i product announcement:

"The new Script i incorporates a myriad of design innovations including a Generation 2 stat panel featuring MicroPerf stators and ClearSpar technology, improved low-end performance, low-voltage DC power, a new low-profile cabinet and pivoting wall-mounting bracket, and enhanced cabinet and stator finishes."

That document is available here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/script_i.doc

Whenever you are researching old ML speakers, it helps to browse through the ML Product Timeline section on this forum first. That is where I got all of this information.

1) What is the difference between the Script and Script i speakers? I Googled this and because of the 'i' I can't find any relevant SERPs.

2) What does 'i' generally mean in the ML line of speakers?

3) Do you recommend the Script speakers? I'm considering for surround speakers for a HT system.

Pete
Vistas
Indian Trail, NC

Rich, answered the first two.

I have Script i(s) for my surround speakers, they mate wonderfully with the vistas. and other ML ESL panels. The only downside is that you need good amplifiers to make them sound their best. A Sanders ESL amp powers one pair and a Sunfire powers the other pair, The Sunfire is more than enough for HT duty but the Sanders is better for multi-channel music.

Back