Did anyone see...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
the interview with Bode Miller and Christin Cooper of NBC. He had just won a bronze in the Super G slolum event at Sochi.

Background. Bode's brother died earlier this year from a seizure.

The topic came up during the interview. She kept "pressing" the issue even though it was obvious Bode was on shaky emotional ground.

She then asked the asinine question about him looking up to the sky before he began his run and what he was thinking?

He broke down into tears and couldn't continue the interview.

The flippin gall, arrogance, and insensivity of these idiotic news people.

Someone should be terminated or, if she has the integrity, resign.

GG

PS: And congratulations to the producers at NBC who had 16 hours to decide whether or not they would broadcast the interview. Talk about bottom feeders. Truly disgusting.

Last edited:
truly pathetic Gordon, just another example of why I 'generally' can't stand the media

I saw a piece on the subject that said she was more of an athlete then interviewer.
You would think that would give her more of a sense of his emotion between winning a metal and his brother passing.
I don't think I've seen him asked about his brother without having trouble speaking on the subject.
It's sad most interviewers don't seem think about anyone but themselves.
Then the fact that other networks continue to play even part of the clip.

As Groucho was asked in 1947 if He thought television was educational his reply was YES everytime somebody turns one on I go in the next room and read a book. The media nowadays sux...

Story made it into the Washington Post yesterday, Front page, Style section (below the fold).

Certainly agree with the inappropriateness of the interviewer in the way things were (mis)-handled.

Unfortunately they are all out to make a headline. Whether something is appropriate or not unfortunately is not left to common sense but is determined by the reaction therein.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back