Descent i vs Original Descent

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoc

Reaction score
Has anyone actually heard the newer speaker and compared with the original one? I am in the process of getting two Descent i's (to pair up with two original Descents) in a 4-subwoofer system. My interest is mainly in what differences (if any) are audible and that would require adjusting one pair or the other so that the bass output would be relatively uniform.
The 4 sub concept is not novel and has been supported by two articles recently in Sound & Vision and the The Perfect Vision publications.

I checked with a Tweeter store recently and it looks like they are just now starting to ship so I'd be surprised if anyone has a had a chance to hear one yet. I've yet to even see one.

You may be one of the first to have such an opportunity so I'm anxious to hear your assessment of the new ML subs. 4 Descents to include 2 new i models should provide quite an impact in the bottom end. There is no way you would ever hear a demo like this in a store and no magazine will ever do a review using 4 high-end subs. Please let us know what it's like.​

ML has added the Depth i and Descent i to the web site.

Back