Demo'd my system to another local audiophile this past weekend....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Demo'd my system to another local audiophile this weekend.... he was mainly interested in speakers around the $2K mark so he listened to the Gallos and BW 703 speakers in addition to several others. He was interested in the Strata Minis that I have and I figured I'd give the guy a demo since it's hard to find these Internet Direct speakers.

So, the demo went very well with my system at full-tilt (DAC and all :cheers:).... here's an email from my new-found friend:
Thank you for having me over. I had a lot of fun. You taught me more
about speakers in 1 hr than I thought possible. I appreciate you
sharing your knowledge with me.

I'm jealous of your Summits. As soon as I got home I looked up how
much it would cost to get a pair of used Summits. In the end I decided
that I should use that money towards some good equipment. The Minis
are a great pair of speakers. The best I've heard in that price range
and I know for sure that I'll be very happy with them.

Thanks again!

He ended up purchasing the Minis, but is totally tantalized by Martin Logan. The whole objective of the demo was for the Minis, and I showed him that they are great speakers... I was leary of demoing the Summits for him but he wanted to hear what they were about...

So, he put it this way... the Minis "paint the picture", but the Summits "show you the actual movie". I dont think I could've said it any better.

:)

Joey

PS
Initially, he doubted the difference between a $2K speaker and one that is $11K.... point of diminishing returns he said. Little did he know that he was.... wrong. ;)

Last edited:
I'm jealous of your Summits. As soon as I got home I looked up how
much it would cost to get a pair of used Summits.

He'll be searching the Gon everyday, Like the rest of us Summit wannabes.

He ended up purchasing the Minis, but is totally tantalized by Martin Logan. The whole objective of the demo was for the Minis, and I showed him that they are great speakers... I was leary of demoing the Summits for him but he wanted to hear what they were about...
There you go again!! Giving Joeyitis to another unsuspecting victim.

Initially, he doubted the difference between a $2K speaker and one that is $11K.... point of diminishing returns he said. Little did he know that he was.... wrong. ;)
If he's got a full blown case of Joeyitis, He'll be a lot poorer in the near future.

More fresh blood on the Joeyitis altar. The divinity gets thirsty, especially on weekends. But between Stratas and Summits there are some other pit stops from ML, you should have pointed that out, Joey.

More fresh blood on the Joeyitis altar. The divinity gets thirsty, especially on weekends. But between Stratas and Summits there are some other pit stops from ML, you should have pointed that out, Joey.
Very true.

Joey, tell your friend about the ML adVantage. In another thread you told me that you rank Vantages much higher than the Stratas. Your new friend deserves to know his options.

Very true.

Joey, tell your friend about the ML adVantage. In another thread you told me that you rank Vantages much higher than the Stratas. Your new friend deserves to know his options.

I did my friend... he has MLs on his sights now. Minis for now, MLs for later. :cool:

He'll be searching the Gon everyday, Like the rest of us Summit wannabes.

There are 2 Pairs currently listed on the Gon. Believe it or not both are located right here in the Chicago area. From $7,500 to $8,000!!:eek: :eek:

Hope their both sold before our Chicago ML Meet. Fighting Joeyitis might be futile after auditioning not one but 2 Summit Systems.:eek:

There are 2 Pairs currently listed on the Gon. Believe it or not both are located right here in the Chicago area. From $7,500 to $8,000!!:eek: :eek:

Hope their both sold before our Chicago ML Meet. Fighting Joeyitis might be futile after auditioning not one but 2 Summit Systems.:eek:

I didnt know that! Wow... and to think I drove all the way to Wisconsin!!

Ah well... :cheers: .

"...Wisconsin? I got my ass kicked in Wisconsin..." - Harold Ramis in "Stripes"

:haha1:

Also from that movie...everytime I hear the song Doo-Wah-Diddy by Manfred Mann I think of the scene where they are marching on the field...:)

Peter

Back