David Gray recordings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
does anyone have any david gray recordings - and can you comment on the sound quality of them? thanks tim

Timm, I have three David Gray compact disks, White Ladder (1998), Life in Slow Motion (2005) and Foundling (2010). The latter two are well recorded, IMO. White Ladder, his most famous I believe, is somewhat piercing with the percussion on the hit song song, Babylon. It may be that it is well recorded and that's the way the percussion sounds, but I definitely think the later albums are better recorded.

Go figure. I was thinking of picking up white ladder. Just seems like his music should be well done on the logans. But I was hoping to pick up something that had some decent sound quality to it.

It has decent sound quality and is worth listening to. You may not find any objectionable sounds at all on the disc. That's just what I hear on my system.

thanks for the follow up steve... I'll give it a shot.... unfortunately, if something sounds like crap - I don't usually give it many spins.... even if I like the music.... Although, I do have an additional system....in my living room.....came with the house.....uhhhh....ok - its a Bose system!!! hahaha... but, I primarily use it for background music and I have a squeezebox hooked to it for pandora as well as ripped cds on my pc.... and again unfortunately enough - a lot of my music is listened to there because of its locale....oh well.... :)

I used to play White Ladder on my office system all the time, it sounded just fine.

Most of us have more than one system, and yes you can count your car. If you find you have an issue with the quality, toss it in the car.

I suggest buying used CD's, much cheaper in the long run, cracked cases are common but most of us have a few spares lying around.

Back