Darn these MLs- they multiply like rabbits!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
So awhile back I bought a pair of Sequel II from this site for just under $500 dollars. I purchased them knowing that a panel was bad and that they would need to be replaced. That was almost a year ago and they still sit waiting to be repaired.
Thanks to the IRS I am getting back some hard earned green... and to keep the economy going strong I found out how to invest it! I found someone close that is selling his ML system. I am getting his Script and Aerius i for what $1700! These were used for approx 1 year and then he moved and were too big for the new place. He put them in storage in the ML boxes and have sat till now. They are MINT!! I cant wait to get these and get them set-up! Sometime I will post pics!
Nik

From 1 pair to 3 total pairs... I like the way you're moving!

Tell me about it ! I started with a pair of clarities and now have....

Summit's, Prodigy's,Clarity's, Theatre I, Cinema I, Frescos x 6 and a grotto !

15 Kiddies. Love them all.

I know what you mean. I just sold a pair of Aeon's and I still have seven. Yet, I still need a sub. I don't know what's going on late at night but last night I was awoken to the tunes of Barry White playing through the Summits. If I paired a Summit with a CLS would they produce a CLX? That's it...I'm having their jumper cables disconnected!

Yeah, I left my Summits unattended in the room with my Clarities and now I have two bouncing baby frescos!

Tell me about it ! I started with a pair of clarities and now have....

Summit's, Prodigy's,Clarity's, Theatre I, Cinema I, Frescos x 6 and a grotto !

15 Kiddies. Love them all.

I wish my Vistas would get frisky at night! I think they're frigid!!

Maybe I'll feed them some oysters for dinner.

So just to update y'all- I have opted to get a logos center channel with stand from the guy for the same price instead of the scripts. So Aerius i and Logos in mint for $1700. This will complete my 5.1 HT speaker setup and will allow me to rebuild the Sequel II how I would like to (total rebuild- panels, subs, electronics, trim). Now I need to work on cables and amps! :music:
Nik

So awhile back I bought a pair of Sequel II from this site for just under $500 dollars. I purchased them knowing that a panel was bad and that they would need to be replaced. That was almost a year ago and they still sit waiting to be repaired.
Thanks to the IRS I am getting back some hard earned green... and to keep the economy going strong I found out how to invest it! I found someone close that is selling his ML system. I am getting his Script and Aerius i for what $1700! These were used for approx 1 year and then he moved and were too big for the new place. He put them in storage in the ML boxes and have sat till now. They are MINT!! I cant wait to get these and get them set-up! Sometime I will post pics!
Nik

Woa! For a minute there I thought you were going to say you sold your Sequel II...and then the buyer sold them to me! I just picked up a pair last weekend with a week panel for the same price. And then yesterday picked up a Stage :)

Keep me/us updated with how your Sequel transformation goes. I'll be diong the same soon.

Will sure do so... here is some reading for your Sequel II rebuild, just some foot work I have already done!
Nik

My email said:
Hello Nik,

Sorry for my delay. I am sorry to say that we no longer have the shipping boxes for the Sequel II speakers.
Honestly I can help you overhaul the electronics by just getting the electronic boxes back to us.
These are located on the back side of the speaker (the black metal piece held on by 4 screws and it is where the AC and binding posts are) You can send us the entire piece and I can then test it and replace the binding posts
with ones that accept banana plugs. I can't remember if the speakers you have are the sensing power supply version
or not. Does this sound familiar to you? Basically what the sensing power supply does is sense when there is a signal and it turns the speakers on and then shuts down when the signal fades. This helps extend the life of the stat panels
by shutting them down when not in use to help keep the dust and debris from building up on the diaphragm. The cost for the new binding post would be $15.00 for each binding post set 4 pieces required($60.00 total)
If needed-New sensing power supplies run $190.00 for the pair. Labor would be $45.00 so the grand total to have the electronics revamped- $295.00 oh, and I would add about $15.00 for return shipping.
Please note that I have attached removal instructions...it says to swap the elec but that is just to diagnose problems.

As far as the electrostatic stat panels, they can't be revamped other than a good vacuum or compressed air cleaning.
If you would like to try this then please be sure to have left the speakers unplugged for 4-6 hours before cleaning.
This will insure that the electric charge has dissipated so that as much dust can be cleaned off. If using compressed air then you can use up to 120 psi to clean off the stats. If vacuuming then be sure to use a nice strong vac hose along the front of the speaker concentrating on the spars. (the horizontal lines on the stat panels) This will help
bring them back to life but if they are over 10 years old then you may benefit from replacing the stat panels.
This can be easily done by you. I have attached instructions on how this is done. If you would like to purchase a new
pair they run $549.00 for the pair plus about $15.00 for shipping. They come with a 5 year warranty.

As far as the woofer, we don't have the original woofers in stock any more but we do have a compatible
replacement. The only difference you may hear is that it will knock the bass up about 3db. Or if you don't
care for this much bass we can add an inductor to the electronics x-over to compensate for that. New woofers
run $129.00 each plus shipping.

I hope this helps answer your questions. Really the only thing that you would need to return to us is the electronics like I mentioned at the beginning. If you would like to do this then please be sure to contact
me first so I can issue you an return material authorization number. We use this number to identify the pieces
when they arrive and what needs to be done.

Of course please let me know if you have any questions,
Thanks,
Melodie Brouhard
[email protected]

Yeah I get to pick up my MLs tomorrow! A nice 5.5hr drive to dallas and then an hour there and then a 5.5hr drive back fun stuff. Will post pics when I get them home!

Soooo after two five hour drives and a warning ticket, here they are :music: We hooked them up and listened to a QUICK large musical selection since the receiver was not set-up for the MLs and I did not have the room set up right, any how they sounded great!!!! I have to wait thou, I need lots of cables, two more amps, and a entertainment center and we will have a HT to hook up!
Nik (sry for the blurry pics- will get better ones sometime
DSC06219.jpg

DSC06220.jpg

DSC06228.jpg

Also here are my project Sequel II that are awaiting there repair, I have BIG plans for these!
DSC06229.jpg

Last edited:
Back