Danley DTS-10 sub kit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
I decided it was time to upgrade the sub in my home theater. The M&K has been nice but I missed the big 18" Bassmaxx B1 horns. Seems technology has come to the rescue. A tapped horn with two 12's is one third the size of the B1's. I will drive each of the 12's with its own amp. I'm also going to veneer the 45x60x16 cabinet in ebony. My wife said if you're going to see it in the room, it will be a statement piece.

DTS10.jpg

3D CAD view

DTS10-3D.jpg

Appears to be Macassar quartersawn. Should be gorgeous, Luther.:)

I'd let the gorgeous wood figure do the talking but that's just me.

Where do you purchase your veneer materials from? I have a cabinet project coming up but havent found a good source.

Tj

Where do you purchase your veneer materials from? I have a cabinet project coming up but havent found a good source.

Tj

No particular place. This comes from a friend who works at an aircraft manufacturer. It is grade A, wood backed, pre finished and even has a fire retardent built in.

I've bought some raw preban Brazilian rosewood off Ebay, some burl walnut from joewoodworker.com and full sheets from oakwoodveneer.com in Michigan (I've visited their store/plant).

The end is in sight. I just need to complete the finish on the veneer. All in all, nice looks and great bottom end down to 10hz.

DTS10_55.jpg

DTS10_56.jpg

DTS10_57.jpg

Back