Crown VS Crown powering Sequel lls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aburnham2

Reaction score
I just finished recapping and cleaning Crown my DC300A. Also just bought a Crown XLS1002 series2 class D amp (very inexpensive $259 or I would not have done it). I have set up the new Crown and I'm very impressed. It is running very cool driving my Sequels and they sound great. Specs say it can drive 2 ohm loads with lots of power (550watts claimed). The real interest for me was biamping the Sequels. The new amp can be set up to biamp with one input, using built in high and low pass filters to each side to drive the panel and the woofer. I'll try that soon. Maybe I'll get another XLS1002. I don't have time yet to move and connect the behemoth DC300A yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more energy and move and connect the DC300A (first to some cheap speakers) and see how my effort worked out.

Back! I did try the DC300A, sounded great. It takes a fair amount of time to convert back and forth between amps even if I use banana plugs. So a dirrect comparison is difficult. Both amps sound great. Next step will be (after a week long trip) will be to biAmp the Sequels using two XLS1002.

Back