Crossover caps for Sequels... anyone familiar with Auricap?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm nearly ready to order new panels for my Sequels, and I think I'll upgrade the crossover caps while they're apart. I've heard good things about Auricaps, but neither I nor my friends have any direct experience with their products.
Thanks in advance!:D
Ross

Which ones are you going to use- would love to do this to my Sequel 2 when I upgrade panels!
Nik

For general replacements I really like the calritycap SA line. they are super cheap and very very good. They are not as good as mega $$ stuff, but I personally dont think you can touch them for anything less than twice their cost.

They have a pretty good range of values, e-speakers.com and madisound both carry. The e-speakers ones are marked for polarity madisound are not. Its a custom request and they are marked at the factory.

Which ones are you going to use- would love to do this to my Sequel 2 when I upgrade panels!
Nik
They offer a Teflon line, but they don't even advertise pricing on their site! The standard Auricaps I'll no doubt use and they're not too expensive considering their quality. But I will consider alternatives posted here.

I have had a lot of success using Black Gate caps in my electronics; however, they are expensive. I did replace one cap in my SL3 with a Black Gate, but noticed no difference.

Generally for large value caps I think the value is .5-1%, I generally find that the high value caps are best bypassed rather than replaced with a blackgate. I too have not heard dramatic differences when swapping black gates. For electronics/ power supplies I try to use ELNA, as the are more available.

North creek has a great overview of bypassing
http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Bypassing.html

Generally for large value caps I think the value is .5-1%, I generally find that the high value caps are best bypassed rather than replaced with a blackgate. I too have not heard dramatic differences when swapping black gates. For electronics/ power supplies I try to use ELNA, as the are more available.

North creek has a great overview of bypassing
http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Bypassing.html
Actually I HAVE heard dramatic differences using Black Gates with a DAC; guess my original post was not clear. Note: I did not hear a difference immediately; it took some burn-in time.

Back