Countdown to SUMMITS...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Alright.... everything seems to be a GO. I have a semi-local buyer and I have a local Summit seller, both are in line as far as I know... and hopefully all will go without a hitch.

*Crosses fingers*

Anyway, we are about a week away from completion.... this will be great!!

I'll add more info as I progress..

For now, here are some pics:
1141402960.jpg

1141402962.jpg

I'm really hoping all goes well.... ;) .

Once the dust settles, I think I'm going to be stoked that I got my DREAM speakers.... no settling, nothing. Time to settle down and move up the electronics at a later date.

Man.... I'd hate to think what'll happen to my system in 10 years.... :eek: . I got the bug guys... I think I got the bug.

Them some aufuly perdy speekers. Good luck, hope you are living together soon you will have a happy ending ;-}...........Steve

Update:

Vantages are officially sale pending....
Summits have been held for me with a deposit...

;)

Hi Joey congrats on the summits enjoy,perhaps you could mention to the seller that I,m a little disapointed he didnt keep me informed of devolopments

Update:

Going to drop off Vantages now... hope all goes well.

If I dont come back and post by tonight, send out a search party... I'm going alone.

:cool:

Update:

Got back from the drop off - guy's super super nice and super super happy! Paid by cash too!

Next up, going to Wisconsin tomorrow to pick up the Summits.... yeeeeeeah!! :D

Thanks for the congrats guys!

I'm going to sleep now.. and I can barely contain myself... I'm very giddy about my impending Summits! Usually I have like a 1 minute sleep latency (1 minute on the pillow and I'm out)... but I think I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

I'm up at 6 tomorrow and leaving at 7am towards Wisconsin... if all goes well, I should have everything set up in my dorm/apartment by 1pm.

So close now.... didnt think this was going to happen.... :) .

Glad it all worked out for you. Hang on to those speakers for a while.

i cant wait to see the forthcoming pictures of the summits leaping out of the boxes and walking across the room to their new home.

*Panting*... after a looong day of driving... gosh, I think I used up the expedition's full tank.... yeeeeesh!

Anyway, this guy at Wisconsin had to have the niiiicest house I've seen in a looong while. Pretty much whatever I had conjured up in my head for my future was there. His own private listening room... Summits up front (with some Innersound Kayas along the sides... those are $21,000 a pair btw, with some $20,000 more in pure amps - not counting whatever source he had). So nice and so impressive.

Listened to the Summits - but didnt take long.... I was in a rush to get back to the hospital for some clinical rotation so I had to bolt out of there.

Gave him the cash and we proceeded to pack them up.

Gosh... I must say one thing - the Summits have the most RETARDED packing material I have EVER seen! The Vantage have an awesome 3 foam system (1 in the bottom, middle, and top) while the Summits have this awkward puzzle of foams and cardboard - you really have to see it to appreciate it's stupidity. It took us an hour to pack them... stupid box.. and we still didnt get them in well enough to close the box! But I was in such a rush that I didnt care...

Loaded them up and off I went.

I told the guy that he was nuts and he told me the same thing back.

Cool guy though... very nice place, very esoteric system/s.... wouldnt mind his M5 either.

As of now, the Summits are in my apartment.. alone and scared. It's spring break so I'll post pics next week.... :D . Yes... from Mosaics to Vantage to Summits... in 8 months! You guys werent kidding about the bug! :D

Joey

TheBobGoat said:
i cant wait to see the forthcoming pictures of the summits leaping out of the boxes and walking across the room to their new home.

Oh... they'll walk alright!!

Joey_V said:
*Panting*... after a looong day of driving... gosh, I think I used up the expedition's full tank.... yeeeeesh!

Anyway, this guy at Wisconsin had to have the niiiicest house I've seen in a looong while. Pretty much whatever I had conjured up in my head for my future was there. His own private listening room... Summits up front (with some Innersound Kayas along the sides... those are $21,000 a pair btw, with some $20,000 more in pure amps - not counting whatever source he had). So nice and so impressive.

Listened to the Summits - but didnt take long.... I was in a rush to get back to the hospital for some clinical rotation so I had to bolt out of there.

Gave him the cash and we proceeded to pack them up.

Gosh... I must say one thing - the Summits have the most RETARDED packing material I have EVER seen! The Vantage have an awesome 3 foam system (1 in the bottom, middle, and top) while the Summits have this awkward puzzle of foams and cardboard - you really have to see it to appreciate it's stupidity. It took us an hour to pack them... stupid box.. and we still didnt get them in well enough to close the box! But I was in such a rush that I didnt care...

Loaded them up and off I went.

I told the guy that he was nuts and he told me the same thing back.

Cool guy though... very nice place, very esoteric system/s.... wouldnt mind his M5 either.

As of now, the Summits are in my apartment.. alone and scared. It's spring break so I'll post pics next week.... :D . Yes... from Mosaics to Vantage to Summits... in 8 months! You guys werent kidding about the bug! :D

Joey

So Joey when you upgrade your Summits to Statement E2’s in 4 months how much are you going to sell me your summits for?

Just Kidding, I hope theses will put that audio bug at ease for a wile so you can sit back and enjoy your new speakers.

Congratulations Joey V.

Latest posts

Back