Connecting the ESL and Subwoofer(s) in Hybrids

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCH

Reaction score
I see that a number of you have used speaker wire of various makes to connect the ESL panel to the subwoofer(s) of your ML hybrid. If so, what improvements did you find over the supplied jumper clips/plates? Is this a worthwhile tweak? If so, did you find a particular brand and/or type of wire to be especially helpful? I don't want to spend a bundle on a tiny upgrade, but I do want to get the most out of my Summits I can within the bounds of financial reason. Thanks, Craig

Last edited:
Okay, but...

...is there an advantage to using wire at all? I am quite interesting in hearing what more experienced ML users have to say about the advantages (or not) of making this change. Thanks.

I was talking about...

...the flat metal jumpers that come with Summits and some other ML speakers. Looking at pictures of member systems, I see that several people have replaced these with wires. My original question to them: "What improvements did you find over the supplied jumper clips/plates?"

Last edited:
...the flat metal jumpers that come with Summits and some other ML speakers. Looking at pictures of member systems, I see that several people have replaced these with wires.

Oh. Personally, when I owned Summits I bi wired them. I thought there was a small difference.

I too bi-wired my Summits to a Sunfire amp that ahd current outputs for the panels and voltage outputs for the woofers. It really sounded great, much better to my ear than voltage only going to the jumped connections on the back of the Summits which is what I tried first.

Don't have that option, unfortunately

I guess I'll just have to experiment a bit on my own when I have the time. It's not that there is anything wrong with the integration of the ESL panels and subs using the supplied flat jumper. I suppose if the speakers came with jumper wires instead we'd all be looking to replace them with flat jumper plates! The grass is always greener...

Back