CLX & Wall prep

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be that as it may but frankly the clx sounded like crap on loud noisy pieces with that solid concrete wall behind them. the theory of a recommendation and the reality of a particular setup may differ somewhat :)

True. And also true is that what works for an omnipolar speaker isn't necessarily going to work for a dipolar speaker. Very different sonic characteristics between those two types of speakers.

ML's are very sensitive to room size, shape, materials, and placement/setup. My guess is that MBL's are not nearly so sensitive to those variables.

Bernard is digging in the sand hoping a crab will jump up and run!

Gotta love his tensity!;)

PS: i employ the dots too cuz they work!

Bernard is digging in the sand hoping a crab will jump up and run!

Gotta love his tensity!;)

PS: i employ the dots too cuz they work!
No, just giving Mr. Gray a dig in the ribs. He realizes that it is all in fun, so I don't expect to see a crab jump up and bite me in the keyster. :)

I never said that the dots don't work. If you hear a difference, they do work. I don't believe the earth is flat.

Last edited:
No, just giving Mr. Gray a dig in the ribs. He realizes that it is all in fun, so I don't expect to see a crab jump up and bite me in the keyster. :)

I never said that the dots don't work. If you hear a difference, they do work. I don't believe the earth is flat.

Holy Sh-t the worlds not flat!!!

I guess that means my wife was right and now we do have to travel

I
With the plethora of differing opinions, both by published experts and anecdotal experiences related as present, I found one thing that has helped with my setup more than I expected - a book on studio recording.
I forget the title (I'm on the road working) but one or more chapters deal with soundstage, depth, different speakers as monitors, mix consistency, phase, etc. as laid down on tracks as well as the end listening. It's an education that will lay to rest some mumbo-jumbo in the High End stereo world.

So, did you ever find the name of the book? I'd kinda like to have a look-see myself.
Thanks!

ML's are very sensitive to room size, shape, materials, and placement/setup. My guess is that MBL's are not nearly so sensitive to those variables.

Rich,

I think your correct given the fact that the back reflection from the MBL is not nearly as concentrated as it is with ML's.

Yes Bernard, I will live with that thread forever. Could be my signature audiophile moment. :D

Gordon

Back