CL's problems. Help!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

one question i would like to ask: recently, especially during the days with high humidity, the plastic film sticks to the metal grid on the left side of the left speaker of my CL's IIz, producing a more or less sensible buzz sound.
I have to remove the power from the speaker and wait a certain time before the film goes back to normal position. Does it mean the film is losing his rigidity and the panel needs to be changed?

Greetz,
Fabio

That is possible.
I would unplug them for the night and see if it is not static build up

Also using a hairdryer at the part that buzzes may help the adhesive when the power if off.

Jeff:cool:

Tweaks forum

That is possible. I would unplug them for the night and see if it is not static build up Also using a hairdryer at the part that buzzes may help the adhesive when the power if off. Jeff:cool:
is where you'll find Jim Power's procedure on retensioning the mylar using a hair dryer. Remember, this is to be done ONLY on the vertical side bass sections of each panel NOT the middle sections.

Thank you guys.
Where can i find some precise info about this thing of the hair-dryer?

Greetz,
Fabio

Back