cls info

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jens59

Reaction score
How do you tell which model cls these are? Serial nos.3920, 3479. Thanks!

I'm not sure there's a way to tell by the numbers themselves.. Most of us call ML directly and provide them with the serial numbers and they're able to tell us based on their manufacturing records.

I have 2 sets of original CLS. The interface box serial on one pair is 2634 and was manufactured in 87. The other pairs interface box serial is 3482 and was manufactured in 88. The interface box serial numbers are usually consectutive. I am not positive, but I believe that the first digit in early ML serial #'s is the year of manufacture. 0 = 85, 1 = 86, 2 =87 and 3 =88. There was a manufacturing code key posted here for models from 89 on that use the current alpha-numeric serial #'s. As mentioned, a quick call to ML will ID what you've got.

Thanks for the replies, TomDac and MrDerrick. I tried Martin logan. They can't give me the age of the interfaces. They dated the panels as 1990 but they look to have been replaced. According to the archive photos they are cls2's. Anyway I just bought them and they sound great! They did however flunk the w.a.c.(wife acceptance factor).

The panels could have been replaced but the electronics could have been original.
Which serial number is which? There should be a total of four. One on each panel and one each electronics box. I may be able to help a bit.

Jeff:cool:

Jeff- the above numbers are on the interface-transfomers. panel nos. are cs1ba524 and 525. Thanks!

It looks like they are CLS1 panels from 1990. The electronics box will have CE then maybe another letter and then the numbers. I have the document which can help if you like but what ML told you is probably correct.

Jeff:cool:

Latest posts

Back