CLS-IIZ HF softening switch

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Class A

Reaction score
Hi all, I'am new here and will have my first pair of ML CLSIIZ very soon. Whilst searching for a pair, a seller from Germany offered me a black pair and adviced that his are bi-wireable and the HF softening switch has been bypassed by a ML dealer and claims to sound better overall. Can any of you experts share some lights into this?.
Thanks in advance. :bowdown:

When you say you will have your first pair of CLSIIz -have you already found a pair. You asked me a question about the set I have for sale -are you still interested? Mine have the 'soft' switch. What is the asking price for the ones offered in Germany?

Last edited:
Bi-wireable??

What could that mean? The CLSIIz is a single driver full-range panel. There is nothing to bi-wire.
I find the softening switch quite useful. It's effect is subtle, but depending on the rest of your system can make the difference between listener fatigue and listening all day/night. In addition, it makes the speaker impedance at high frequencies a little easier on the amp.

What could that mean? The CLSIIz is a single driver full-range panel. There is nothing to bi-wire.
I find the softening switch quite useful. It's effect is subtle, but depending on the rest of your system can make the difference between listener fatigue and listening all day/night. In addition, it makes the speaker impedance at high frequencies a little easier on the amp.

Thanks....the seller adviced me that he has added another set of speaker binding post so that he can connect 2 pairs of speaker cables to the speakers. I have since bought a very mint pair here in the Uk and will post some photos in the system thread.

Which setting on the HF switch can make the speaker impedance easier to drive??....Flat or Soft???

Maybe you can advice me also on my other thread regarding modifications within the black box...

Cheers :music:

I'm glad you're buying speakers not modified. Much better! The Soft position is easier on the amp, and on your ears (but that depends on the room and the other electronics.)

Thanks, infact I prefer the sound on the soft setting.

What about the electronics mod?

I'am going to change the standard speaker terminals to Eichmann and change the internal speaker cables.
I not sure if I need to change the capacitors and the inductor too...what do you think?

Thanks

I'am going to change the standard speaker terminals to Eichmann and change the internal speaker cables.
I not sure if I need to change the capacitors and the inductor too...what do you think?Thanks
PM your email address to me and I'll send you some things I've collected on that subject.
> Neil

Back