CLS as Mains in home theatre setup?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadof4

Reaction score
Hi again. Just got my CLS and contemplating them in a separate setup or to maintain a high WAF putting them in the home theatre setup which is M&K LCR55s in all 5 5.1 spots plus an M&K subwoofer. Anyone mixed ML and M&K?

Thanks!:music:

Hi again. Just got my CLS and contemplating them in a separate setup or to maintain a high WAF putting them in the home theatre setup which is M&K LCR55s in all 5 5.1 spots plus an M&K subwoofer. Anyone mixed ML and M&K?

Thanks!:music:

I run CLS in my home theater that does 2-channel duty for music. I run two Carver subs for home theater punch. The DSP processing and subs are not used in straight stereo.

You may see a picture on the last page of my system. Just click on my signature link.

I also use my CLS's as 2 channel music and HT. I have no real issues at all. They really do quite well for both. Mine are about 3 feet from the side wall and about 3 feet from the back wall.

Jeff:cool:

Do you view it as important to put the CLS speakers on stands/risers?
How much space to your back wall?
Thanks!

Seems most CLS users on this site, use stands, puts the middle of the panel right at ear level. Mine are 5 feet from back wall 2 feet from side wall.

Same here for HT - for familly moving watching.

But I reallly like my ML setup (CLSIIz, Sequel II, Logos) for the MCH Classical SACD that I like to play.

Stands - yes I use them too, and as theWB stated I did it to get the center spar at my ear height.

Stands are the single best thing you can do to the CLS. As for HT You can use anything you want. Its HT sides are for fill not main drama. The center is the important speaker there.

Latest posts

Back