Classe SSP 600 or Marantz 7005 or Cary Cinema 11V

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony T

Reaction score
What you guys think is better if I want to go into a separate system, right now I am using a Rotel RSX 1067 with a Cary Cinema 5 for my Motif center, Vista fronts and Montage rears. Should I get a new Marantz 7005 around $1300 or a new Cary Cinema 11V for $1250 or a used Classe SSP 600 for around the same price $1300. Maybe you guys can give me another better suggestions..Thanks

You already have a great amp. Since you only have five speakers, your current Cary amp will suffice. If I were you, I would buy a nice Integra or Marantz processor to be used with the Cary amp. You do not want to buy a receiver and use it as a processor. It would be a waste of money. Prcossesors are loaded with the latest features, are built with better compnents and sound much better all other things being equal.

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with aa Classe SSP 800 as core of a MartinLogan 7.1 system.

I think that a 600 at good price is a very good piece of gear.

Depends on what you want to do with it; not sure you can play True HD or Master Audio on the SSP 600, though, as it came as a retrofit on the first SSP 800s.

Back