Classe Audio versus Parasound Halo amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Howdy ML Amigos,

Would appreciate if anyone, who has any personal experience with Classe and Parasound Halo amps, can provide input on the sonic differences. I'm considering auditioning a Parasound Halo A21 amp to replace my Classe Audio CA150. The Parasound put outs 250W / channel versus the 150W / channel with the Classe. Dynamic headroom and mid range liquidity are the two specific areas that I would like you folks to comment on. However, any comments would be appreciated. Based on the review of the A21 in Issue 158 of TAS, I'm confident that the Parasound will fit my other sonic needs. FYI, I recently auditioned a VTL ST 150 tube amp and found it too liquid / smooth for my personal listening bias. Thank you in advance for any input.

GG

Last edited:
i have only heard halo jc1 vs classe and the halo sounds better.The only thing i didn,t like was that it brings the sound forward and it misses some details.On the other hand the classe is too soft.I believe that plinius sa 102 or sa 103 is the best in this price range for the summits.If you don't mind about home theater give a listen to the jadis 88 integrated.....you'll be suprised

i have only heard halo jc1 vs classe and the halo sounds better.The only thing i didn,t like was that it brings the sound forward and it misses some details.On the other hand the classe is too soft.I believe that plinius sa 102 or sa 103 is the best in this price range for the summits.If you don't mind about home theater give a listen to the jadis 88 integrated.....you'll be suprised
Plinius sa102 is best bang for the buck.

JC1 is a little too costly... but Classe CA2200 is a good one also.

Joey

Cost of Plinius sa102

Joey,

What's that puppy go for for new and used?

GG

I would go for a Pass Labs....250 new-$6500, used-$2500 or less.

250.5 new-$6500 or 250.5 used-$3900 and will blow a sa102 away. Period.

Howdy ML Amigos,

Would appreciate if anyone, who has any personal experience with Classe and Parasound Halo amps, can provide input on the sonic differences. I'm considering auditioning a Parasound Halo A21 amp to replace my Classe Audio CA150. The Parasound put outs 250W / channel versus the 150W / channel with the Classe. Dynamic headroom and mid range liquidity are the two specific areas that I would like you folks to comment on. However, any comments would be appreciated. Based on the review of the A21 in Issue 158 of TAS, I'm confident that the Parasound will fit my other sonic needs. FYI, I recently auditioned a VTL ST 150 tube amp and found it too liquid / smooth for my personal listening bias. Thank you in advance for any input.

GG

I've been thinking about getting a new amp... but, if you're going to dump your CA-150, I could bi-amp my Quests. Hmmm...... Drop me a line if interested.
Joe

Latest posts

Back