Classe amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wink

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone currently using Classe amps with their Logans? What is your impression of these amps, what would you compare their sound to, and are there any classe amps to avoid?

Dan

Last edited:
Is anyone currently using Classe amps with their Logans? What is your impression of these amps, what would you compare their sound to, and are there any classe amps to avoid?

Dan

I am. I obviously chose Classé because I liked them above any of the other choices I had at the time. But does it matter what I think? Have a listen and see what you think.

One note of significance. I love ARC, and I was trying my best to want to like an ARC VT60 (I think). But for all the trying, the Classé was what I chose. It was more controlled and brought out the good things about my 'Logans better.

Do you want to build a system that sounds good to me; or do you want to build a system that sounds good to you?

Last edited:
Adam, I always wanted to buy Classé amps because they’re Canadian-made, and because I can easily drive to their factory in about two hours, but they always seemed just a bit too expensive for me. I should give them a serious listen....my ARC monoblocks should really be serviced by ARC, but I would hate to imagine the cost....of transportation alone.

Adam, I always wanted to buy Classé amps because they’re Canadian-made, and because I can easily drive to their factory in about two hours, but they always seemed just a bit too expensive for me. I should give them a serious listen....my ARC monoblocks should really be serviced by ARC, but I would hate to imagine the cost....of transportation alone.

They don't have valves though Bernard!

First you're going all digital. Next you're considering a solid-state amplifier?

Who would have thought - welcome to 1970 :devil:

Adam, I should also tell you that I’m a procrastinator! :devil:

Besides, at the moment I have no money to spend!

I thought Classe' was going 'down the hopper' ? they still in business ?

I thought Classe' was going 'down the hopper' ? they still in business ?

I thought the same.....

So my guess is just getting one to hear and demo may be a chore.... So, Adam - I think your opinion is important.... :)

Thank you for the responses. I also appreciate the confirmation of the continuation of the Classe brand. I have an opportunity to purchase a CA-300, but have not heard a Classe amp with Martin Logan since the early 2000's. I recall that I was intrigued by the pairing, but I can't recall the specific quality of the sound.

Dan

wink, I am currently using a Classe Amp 5 in my video system along with the Sigma SSP processor/preamp. It replaced a Proceed Amp 5 I have used for years and apparently the same person designed both. It drives my Aeons, Scenarios and my Focus center channel effortlessly and images as well as the Proceed. The tonal balance is slightly warm so a good match for ML. I think you would be pleased with the match.

Back