Class D

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
I have a pair of Bel Canto M300's and a few other classes of amps.
How do you guys feel or experienced this combo with the Vistas?

I'm interested in the Bel Canto discussion too as I'd like to go back to a class D setup. I'm looking to setup the M300's on the Spire.

You guys might want to do a search on this forum. Been a ton of threads, posts dealing with amplifiers.

As previously stated by Tom, this is the most often asked question.

Good luck.

GG

I'm running a Rotel 1560 AVR (Class D, 7x100 in 8 ohms and doubles into 4) into a set of Vista's. I have to say I'm very pleased. Good body, weight, imaging and much better than my previous Rotel Class AB.
I was a little skeptical when I first got the AVR and did add a Parasound Halo 125wpc and then a Rotel 250wpc amplifier to drive the Vistas. Went back to the native AVR amps and really could not tell the difference. I ended up selling the external amps and just use the AVR.
I would use the same rule of thumb as any other type of amp for Logans.. as long as it doubles in power into 4 ohms, you should be fine from a power perspective.

Hey Beek, Welcome to Crazy Town :)

Last year I was driving a pair of Summit X with a pair of BC Ref1000m monos - in a word: "glorious". Perhaps not as warm and welcoming as tubes, but tons of headroom, never any hint of compression (even at "robust" listening levels), and virtually fatigue-free. Really quite musical and very enjoyable all in all.

Thanx Mickey
This is just the sort of feedback I am looking for actual experience from actual users..................

I done been crazy for a long time, I am hoping that chopping off the bottoms on the Canto's will buy me what I want in power & headroom.....Thanx again for the responses

I am running Wyred4sound SX-1000 mono's, exact same as BelCanto's for a fraction of the cost. Might be worth checking them out unless you are loyal to BelCanto. As for their performance... awesome. Massive headroom and detail. I have been unable to get them warm, let alone hot, and they sit in a stack with 2" of clearance above. I can play my Spires as loud or quiet as I want and the amps handle it with ease. Strongly recommended. Cheers.

I am running Wyred4sound SX-1000 mono's, exact same as BelCanto's for a fraction of the cost. Might be worth checking them out unless you are loyal to BelCanto. As for their performance... awesome. Massive headroom and detail. I have been unable to get them warm, let alone hot, and they sit in a stack with 2" of clearance above. I can play my Spires as loud or quiet as I want and the amps handle it with ease. Strongly recommended. Cheers.

To be fair, I believe the front-end (input circuits) of the W4S vs the BC monoblocks are different... but not much else is different other than cosmetics. And I agree, for the money, save some coin and go with the W4S if that's the type of thing you're looking for.

Back